Nissan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hhhey yo

Just here to say yo, and what up to everybody who has a Nissan and laughs at domestic cars.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well... some of those domestic cars will hand you your ass on a platter without even trying. For example I wouldn't buy a Z28 necessarily, but damn, it can run high 12s @ 106 MPH completely stock! I would still rather have something else, but there ain't no denying that they can haul ass. And how about that new Mustang Cobra... some people have gotten it to a high 11 at 118 MPH... completely stock. Geezus. And let's not even mention the new Viper... :)

I love my Sentra, but it still makes me a little ill to think a stock Cobra can actually give me a run for my money considering what I've done to my car.

·
Ive got a pickle 4 an arm
340 Posts
Ill? You should be proud that there is still American Muscle brewing. I'm a Ford guy when it comes to American Motors, and i'm looking forward to whats comming now that asshole Nasser is canned. I hope the new CEO makes ammends with Firestone. It was uncalled to make them a scapegoat for a poorly designed SUV suspension. Maybe the tires were faulty, but using such low air pressures for the sake of suspension comfort does not do good for any tire in hot temps.

Now that Ford is into the Pocket Rocket again with the Focus SVT, i'm glad they are not dropping the Mustang which is scheduled for a complete redesign for 04. And i'm glad they brought back the Thunderbird. Personally i was hoping for more of a Corvette fighter, but i think they met their goals and did a great job.

Even though i'm no Bowtie fan, it was sad to hear that the Comaro/Trans Am is dead after this year. the Ford Vs. Chevy battle has been a pillar in automotive history.

i can't wait to see the GT40 return.

Its too bad the Cougar was marketed towards women so much. now the car is dying. i hope Mercury is given the attention is needs and not deserted to the fate of Plymouth and Olds.

i think Lincoln is in the right track with the award winning LS.

Look for a new Ford Five-Hundred to enter the All Weel Drive sedan market in the comming years.

you Dodge and Chevy fans can add future american models.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ford is also coming out with a new Mach-1. I think they said it will have around 300hp. The new Cobra is sick! Just think what the '04 and '05 model would be like. Makes me want to go buy a Mustang.

·
Sentra Flogger
108 Posts
neon srt-4

howz about the dodge neon srt-4 (street and racing technology) coming out in 2003? it comes stock with a turbo-charged 2.4 liter (4 cylinder) engine capable of churning out 205 bhp and 220 lb-ft of torque. acceleration? 0-60 in 5.9 seconds; a top speed of 148 mph. it's the second fastest dodge/chrysler in production (second only to the viper). you get immediate after-market support from mopar (handled thru various turn-key packages). the best part? the price. less than $20,000. it's great to see american motor companies finally, at long last, catching on...

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ScarCrow28 said:
Ill? You should be proud that there is still American Muscle brewing.
Whoa, hold on there a second. Geez, are you wearing star spangled underwear too? If you read what I said again, you'll see it was more of an offhanded compliment than anything else. The point is that I built my car specifically to be faster than Cobras and Vettes (and just about everything else), and now a stock Cobra is fast enough to at least put up something of a fight.

Regarding the T-bird, I thought it was patently disappointing, to be frank. It's soft, it's slow and quite honestly you will have a lot more fun in a Miata. I guess if all you're doing is cruising with the top down it's fine, but it's not really my style.

·
Sentra Flogger
108 Posts
zak,

just visited your web site. i bet you turn a lot of heads ... wait, no, they're probably still looking forward when they see your tail lights disappear on the horizon.

good work, man. that's gotta be one helluva ride.

·
340 Posts
Adam said:
I read elsewhere that a new cobra with a smaller blower pulley and some exhaust work (maybe just headers and catback) put down 499hp to the wheels.
motor trend listed the 03 Cobra to have 390 horsepower. but they had to supercharge it to get it. anyway i still think thats impressive since the hard hitting Camaro's had to have much bigger engines. 4.6L Vs 5.7L.

Star Spangled underwear?? they are boxers thanx lol.

Check out Motor Trend.com Honda is beginning to fight back against the altama/ Maxima. 160/ 240Hp engines. hell the car even is taking on the altama look.

anyone deal with the 1.8Ts of the pissat and beetle yet? my sister 99Pissat w/150hp is pretty quick. the new ones top 170 for the pissat 180 for the beetle. i can't imaging how fast the V6 or even W8 for the new Pissats are.

Edit: found them. 190 for the 6 270 for the 8

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hhhey yo......
Um, the last time I checked, the top of the page said "Nissan Forums", not "Great Discussions of American Muscle". Like I said, I still laugh at domestics, but I'm not stupid enough to race a friggin' Mustang, not yet anyway. I don't have very many mods to begin with. I am fully aware that some American cars are fast, but yet to me, downright unappealing. So would someone please explain to me how this became a long, drawn-out story of the future of US muscle. Please. As for Zak, tight ride!!!!! The only guy on here that seems to make any sense.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think that the new 2003 Neon is bad ass.. the front fascia got a face lift along with the engine shit.... its good to see manufacturers catching the bug, Suburu started it all off though with the production of the WRX soon to be with the STI and the challenge of the 280HP Lancer Evolution VII which should be hitting our shores soon!!! DAMN!

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yo, screw domestic cars and the people who try to get mustangs and neons and all the bullshit cars and try to put body kits on them............first imports came up with the altezzas, ground effects and all that good stuff, nowadays u see a mustang, they have altezzas, some kits and other stuff, what the hell r they thinking!?!? i can understand neons n stuff but mustangs with kits?:mad:

·
340 Posts
i agree, i think those clear tails are a disgrace to the Mustang. i oppose all ricey products to american "muscle" style cars.

did you notice that some trucks are going around with those tails too? some of them can get away with it but still...

·
Registered
80 Posts
first american muscle came out with drag racing and first 300mph 1/4
also body kits originated from companies like choo choo customs in the 50s on you guessed it american muscle so imports came out clear tail lights everything else has be done since the 40s,50s,& the 60s i am a car enthusist so like all kinds but to acar car is a pos because of the engine or where it was made that dont make any sense to me i also that every car manufacturer has came out with apos car

1 - 17 of 17 Posts