Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NEED HELP, My buddy has a 91 sentra we dont know what kind cuz it was debagged when he bought it but it is a 1.6 or ga16de.

It has supposedly had the gears totally redone it is now a 4 speed manual and it has had valve and head work(port and pollished heads i believe).
What are some good sites and things for us to look at doing to his car.
thanks in advance for your help.:D

·
Registered
547 Posts
Read up on Sentra.net. It's a great site and believe me, you'll have your hands full with information. If you need more sites just let me know, but I guarantee you it'll be a while til you get done with those pages. It's definately GA16DE if it's a 4-spd, but can't really tell what model. At least I can't. Somebody on here could tell if you posted interior pics though. That always gives it away. Have fun!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

1 more Q:
The guy he bought it from said he had all the gearing redone to be a 4 speed, it has 5th but it wont go or stay in unless you hold it and if you hold it it doesnt feel like it is engaged so was he lied to and it is always been a 4 speed or has it been converted over??:confused:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Zexel said:
Read up on Sentra.net. It's a great site and believe me, you'll have your hands full with information. If you need more sites just let me know, but I guarantee you it'll be a while til you get done with those pages. It's definately GA16DE if it's a 4-spd, but can't really tell what model. At least I can't. Somebody on here could tell if you posted interior pics though. That always gives it away. Have fun!
I went there but i couldnt realy find anything bout the GA16DE. If any one knows any good mods or a list of mods i should look in to doing on his car please all options wanted, needed, Zexel i appreciate your help i am just to ignorant to navagate that site, that and Im at work and not supposed to be on the net so i kinda need just straight forward no searching all just kinda handed to me stuff. But there was much info on there i jsut dont have time to read through it all. :cool:

·
Nissan Freak
462 Posts

·
Nissan Wizard
193 Posts
Re: thanks

02serspecV said:
1 more Q:
The guy he bought it from said he had all the gearing redone to be a 4 speed, it has 5th but it wont go or stay in unless you hold it and if you hold it it doesnt feel like it is engaged so was he lied to and it is always been a 4 speed or has it been converted over??:confused:
I know the sentra e has 4 gears. If it has 5 gears, he probably has the 5th gear popout problem which only a few 1.6 sentras had. I think he was lied to IMHO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts