Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
somethings running funny with my car. its sounding like a go cart!!! Plus the motor is viberating and is idleing funny. The hearter core went out and its about to snow up here in mn and the clutch is running low. How would i do a heater core job?? Is a clutch job pretty easy like a civic?? i dont want to have to buy another motor I'm gonna take it to nissan monday and hopefully i still have comperssion. But n e help with the hearter core and clutch job would be greatly appreciated

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
If you've never done a clutch job before, expect it to take you the better part of a day to do it. (Despite how many people will tell you that they can do one in an hour. That's really not relevant to you unless you've done several of them.) I've done clutches in my truck twice and when I did the clutch in my '93 XE it took me 10 hours by myself and with little to no hangups. Use the search engine here and at www.sr20deforum.com, although I'd suspect there's a few decent write ups on how to do it at www.se-r.net or www.sentra.net. As far as the heater core goes those can really be a bitch, sometimes have to take the entire dash out. I don't suspect this is the case with your car though, but again, I'd think it'd take a day to do it. Check the same places for info on how to do that as well.

Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Need help.....

Go and buy you a Haynes manual for clutch. Yes it will take up some time, but you will appreatice it later.

The heater core, you might consider the dealer$$$$ or a local mechanic to fix.

Hopefully you can get the above items fixed. Let us know what happened.

Q in Sac

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey i need to know if pacesetter is a good consideration for a exhuast system? I need the header back. Since its so cheap i might i was well get it but i was just wondering if its any good. With my heater core i think i'm gonna scarifice a arm for it at the dealership and my clutch i'll do that my self. I've done a lot of clutches on my civic like 3 times so i know wat is wat. Its just that everythings is swiched around so I'm just a lilo cunfused. Hopefully i'll get everything done on monday and tuesday.

·
neutral handling is cool
180 Posts
I have a pacesetter exhaust and it did the job just fine...7-11 hp at the wheels with a hi-flow cat as well...it would have been easy to put on, but it had to be cut to make the cat fit...it sounds good too, but the tip looks kinda ricey to me...

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey i got to admit i'm a cheap man. I'm trying to do everything cheap with my se-r. I know its not always the best way but hey i'm low on doe and need my car up and running right so i could go to work. I was wondering what is the best combination with exhuast system. I need new headers, cat., and exhuast. I was thinking about going pacesetters all the way and buy a high flow cat. but which cat is the best? Also n e body know where i can get a cheap clutch kit? I just want a stock one. My baby is really rusty so i'm not tryin to deck out this car. IF nissan sold shells then i would buy one and convert everything over but it aint gonna happen. Wat is up with nissans?? Y do they rust so badly? I have a 89 civic si(yes i know its a ricey car) the rust on there isnt as bad as my se-r. The orignal owner seemed like he didnt even take care of her at all. It seemed to have a intake in there before but i think that was it. But so far i need a clutch, brakes, heater core, exhuast system, fenders, headlights( has holes), corner lights, front bumper and a have a big ass hole in the back by the trunk!!!!!! Is this car even wroth the effort of me fixing?? I really dont want to just pour all this money into it and go no where. Or did i make a bad investment?? It seems like i would have to spend like over $1000 in parts and $1000 in labor. Its so cold up here in (mn) now that i cant work in my garrage cuz i got no heater in my personal work place!! I would do everything myself but man I dont have time. Unless i could find a cheap spot to do it. well i really need help so please n e body help!!!!!
<P>
i just sent her to the delearship to do a compression test. Hopefully everything will be ok

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just got a call from nissan #4 injector is bad and somebody put wrong spark plus in my ride!!!! Wat the hell i just bought the car not too long ago so none of this was my doin. Total cost is going to be $400!!!!! JUst for a damn injector??? Fucken dealerships man. well hopefully i get my car tomorrow and then the rest of the stuff i'll do it myself.

·
neutral handling is cool
180 Posts
I've found that these cars are pretty easy to work on. I did the intake, header, rotors, hoses and throttle body cleaning myself. With the right tools you can really do anything. I bought the FSM and it really has paid itself off like 10 times over...so I guess i would suggest doing that too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts