Nissan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

enjoy :)

BMW E36 HELLA lights Brand new.

i dont know if ill keep them on or not i might wnat the silvias but ill buy the silvias and see what they look like first on my car.

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
are those h.i.d ??? :) looks real nice tought!

How much did you pay the set ????...most be costy !!:)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nah there not HID i dunno what they are haha i havnt even began to do the wiring for it yet sense I dont drive the car anymore , i drive a volvo and work on my sentra :) it gets babed but so does the volvo soooo lol

i paid 159 including shipping for the set they were brand new
got them from ebay.

the bulbs are HB3 and HB4 so i dunno i need to read up on the bmw wiring for the E36

G

·
OMG! That looks so freaking tight! I remember reading on a post sometime ago that you could put on BMW lights onto our cars. Now I know it's true. What kind of modification did you have to do in order to make that light fit and work? I just looked on Ebay and I'm gonna buy me a set for like around the same price you did.

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
Is the thread subject a shot at me?? ;) I must admit they do look pretty good, just not my cup of tea.

·
Registered
48 Posts
wow....i need new headlights anyways since my deer crash, i should go to the bmw dealership or something :)

nice job josh!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RiceBox i would never write a thread to shoot at you ;) . I seriously had this idea in the back of my mind for years jsut finaly decided to do it one day.

i have the low beams wired up now i need to go to the BMW dealership and check out how those lights are wired up and do the same on my car.

the mods were gutting everything from the headlight area and cutting a 2"/3" hole to fit one of the headlight adjusters....

then you must place the head light and strap her in however you may do so..

its reallly not that hard.

I will have a write up on the whole procedure and maybe put it in NPM if not i will post it on my site for all of you to read.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh also anyone who would like to do this swap and is worried about getting a custom grill made.. well I gottcha covered!!
The other guitarist in my band is a metal shop maj. in art

he can create anything out of metal.. different types too

he will be creating the grill. he also siad for anyone who would like to purchase one he will make as many as needed for a reasonable price.

within the next week i will have the spec write up to everything so it will guie through what you have to do to have e36 beamer lights on your b12 :).

G

·
the tailights

i was wondering if you could tell me where and how to get those other tailights at, i was looking for something new to put on the back of my car, but right now i'm just starting to get stuff done to my car. i should be getting pics sometime soon, it's a red 1989 nissan sentra, I have some fifteen inch centerlines, and i am looking for a body kit that makes the car seems lower than other body kits, i like the way that picture looks like with the skyline front, i wonder if that would work,

·
Nissan/Mazda Gumshoe
1,052 Posts
count me it dude. id like to see what urs looks like first. and by the way, are u still doing the white face guages?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
you guys will all get to see the finished ....Primered project at the end of the week hopefully, and I had stopped doing gauges but im sure i can still print up a few ;)

I want to do a bunch of mods to the B12 that can be fabricated and sold too cause i know its hard to buy parts for us so it would give an opertunity to help out my peeps

·
:::User Illusion:::
112 Posts
Josh, they look sweet!! Are those the "halo/angel eyes" headlights or the regular headlight? How do the shine compared to stockers?

-Mario

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
there not the angel eyes just the hella ones ... i couldnt afford the angel eyes but atleast i have the set up for them if i ever want them.. i just finished hooking al the lights up :) they are super bright like you cant see anything but blinding light lol. and ther enot yellow either nice and cool blueish white.

thnks for the compliments guys

·
Moderator/ NPM staff
522 Posts
looks cool. have you tried to see if the headlights will still work with the stock grill? I know you mentioned earlier about making a custom one but I see on this RWD b12 drag car that he has simular, if not the same lights, using the stock grill. It would be very clean if we could still maintain stock corner lamps and front grill.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well i have the stock corner lamps on and the stock grill is too large... if i push the lgihts to the left any farther the corner lights will not fit .. i already had to dremel some peieces off the corners to get them to fit right. I can fit the stock grill if ai dremel parts of it off to get it to fit.. also I jsut made the lights almost flush with the front it was tricky but i did it. the only probly is i have no idea how to adjust bmw headlights. I have them ok now but they still aim too high. i took it for a test drive last night adn they work really good but still aimed way to high.

·
:::User Illusion:::
112 Posts
hybrid DET said:
looks cool. have you tried to see if the headlights will still work with the stock grill? I know you mentioned earlier about making a custom one but I see on this RWD b12 drag car that he has simular, if not the same lights, using the stock grill.
The RWD B12 has a one peice fiberglass front. The lights are airbrushed

1 - 20 of 25 Posts