Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's going on folks? I just recently purchased (well, purchasing/picking up tomorrow or Wednesday) a 1990 Nissan Sentra. It's a 2dr 5spd and it's got the GA16i motor (I think). Just wanted ti introduce myself!

My name is Jeremy and I live in Centreville, VA. My "main" car (aka. project car) is my 1996 Dodge Avenger ES. It's an I4 5spd and has about $20K worth of mods done to her. She's my baby! I'm picking up the Sentra as a "beater"/daily-driver for now.

I look forward to participating on your forums. I'm no stranger to forums, and I'm VERY familiar with the SEARCH function. ;-) If yo'ud like to check out my club's website, feel free to head over to www.aseclub.net . My name over there is PiKapp504, I'm one of the admins so play nice! :-D

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
just cuz its a beater dont mean it has to be slow ;) you can get a CAI for it for $130.............thats a great price. and wlecome to nf.com!!!!!!!!!! you will find a plethora of info here

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$130 for a CAI? That's REDICULOUS! I can fab up a custom intake for under $30. Now, I haven't taken a good look @ the car yet, but can that "engine cover" just be taken off and LEFT off?

·
Whore Slut Bitch
464 Posts
I think you're going to fit in just fine here. :)

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
spelch said:
I think you're going to fit in just fine here. :)
lol typical nissan owner..............cheap as hell! enjoy your stay man! lol :cheers:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wouldn't say that I'm cheap, I'm just cost-effective. A car that's putting out 90bhp and 96ft-lbs. of torque doesn't need a $130 intake. I mean, a gain of, what, 3-5hp MIGHT be had, but your'e certainly not gonna feel that much gain. The ONLY gain I'd do is a turbo setup. Swap to a CA or SR, or hell, RB motor (yes, I have some SERIOUS plans for this ting WAY down the road) and go for some SERIOUS power. Little intake and exhaust stuff is for kids.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
you realize those motors (exept the GTI-R sr-det) are all rwd? and with a cai the ga16 gets around 8hp and with a 2in. exhaust it gets about 10 or so. www.sentra.net

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you realize those motors (exept the GTI-R sr-det) are all rwd? and with a cai the ga16 gets around 8hp and with a 2in. exhaust it gets about 10 or so. www.sentra.net
yes, I"m fully aware that ALL thos motors are RWD, or have an AWD option. CAI and 2" exhaust nets about 10hp. Again, it's not worth paying $200-$300 for 10-12hp. I'd rather spend $3-5K and gain over 100-150whp. Like I said above, this will EVENTUALLY become a project car, but for now, it's a daily driver/beater. A friend and I have some plans to open up a shop and between his Neon and my Avenger and Sentra, we'll be ableto show off some of our skills. Converting the GA16i to a RWD/AWD platform WILL take an immense amount of time, work, and money. The first two are easy to come by, the latter is the hard part. ;-)

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
well good luck to you :cheers:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts