Nissan Forum banner

21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
IanH, I think you are correct on the in/out of timing mode and I have followed those directions exactly which is what seems confusing to me regarding our disagreement. When I've been using the light the marks do not fluctuate at all either. I think what would take it back out of timing mode would be the shutdown combined with the TPS reconnect and restart as this would seem very similar to the switching from one diagnostic mode to the other of the PCM as associated with shut down and restart when running code and O2 sensor diagnostics.
As a side note I took the car on an 850 mile trip this past weekend with speeds ranging from 65-80 on a combination of two lane and interstate. Got 33.2mpg with no problems/other issues all on 87 octane regular. I don't know if this good or bad for this car but seems pretty fair to me considering it's an automatic trans.
Car was due for an oil change and I went from 10w30 to 5w30 now the weather is cooler. I'll let you know if this seems to make any differences as I noticed another member posted it seemed to for him. If so perhaps difference in VVT reaction due to lower oil pressure throughout operating range??? Just speculation so don't jump on me for it. Ran out of time and daylight today to do anything else to it so perhaps tomorrow I will try once again to time it and re-verify.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts