Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well im brand new to the forum and a owner of a 1990 Nissan sentra 4 speed manual. Lately I have been doing some cosmetic changes on the car to make it look nice like repainting the trim and rims because the previous owner didn't take care of it as much. One thing I noticed is when I removed the seat covers the one on the drivers side is ripped to hell..And for some reason the one on the passenger wont move forward or back. I was wondering how to remove the seats? Any advice would help..Also I noticed under the passenger seat there's a plastic black box screwed underneath. I was wondering whats that's for?

Also The dashboard is really cracked and I was wondering if there is an easy way to take it off and swap it for another? I have a junk yard down the street with three good condition Nissan sentras I can swap for parts so any tips would help. Thanks :)

·
Registered
293 Posts
The seats bolt to the floor, you'll star bits to remove them. oem part sells new old stock seat covers. On the back parts of the seat frame are plastic covers that must be removed in order to remove the seats as well as you must unbolt your seat belts from the floor too.

The little black box is your cars computer under the passenger seat.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

What was the link to the website your talking about? And also you said you will need a star bit to unscrew the bolts? Are those pretty common to get a hold of? And is it hard to replace teh dash or should I just get a dash cover? Thanks

·
Registered
734 Posts
all you need is a 12 point socket to take the seat bolts out. you have 6 point and 12 sockets.

the dash has a pad the can be changed. its just a pain in the ass. best to just pull the whole dash and replace pad and re-install.

·
Registered
293 Posts
What was the link to the website your talking about? And also you said you will need a star bit to unscrew the bolts? Are those pretty common to get a hold of? And is it hard to replace teh dash or should I just get a dash cover? Thanks
Advance auto parts or auto carries them. The dash isn't hard to remove, just time consuming.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts