Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on my way home from athens yesterday to eat with my girlfriend when this expidition pulled up beside me. we were going about 65 and it was a ford full of mexicans. I think they were just trying to get a look at my girl so i tried to stay in front of them. This expidition was a brand new one. the v8 XLT version. Very fast for an suv, especially a Ford. I kept my eye on him in my rearview and saw when he put the gaspedal into the back of the throtle body. I swong from 5th to 3rd and reved to 6500rpm before releasing the clutch. The expidition, already having a full head of steam, tried to pass me but failed to do so. I kept pushing the limits of third gear just to show them what my little sleeper could do. After i Hit 147 in fourth gear my girl made me stop. just kidding about 147, actually I barley broke 105. Why? Like I said, My girl made me stop. She being the type to hate speed because its "too dangerous", looked over at me and said "you know, that was kinda fun" . SO not only did i kill that fords dreams of ever out musceling an SE=R, I also got some decent pmp daddy points from my sweetie! THANKX FORD!!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I was going to say something, but your from Georgia... so that explains all.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Fast...for a ford? Are you saying that your car stock could beat a mustang LX/GT stock? Also, with that power comes a helluva lot of weight. What does the expedition weigh? 4000lbs? Plus you had a truck full of mexicans, who roughly weigh 150-200lbs a piece. No wonder you didn't lose. Not saying the cars aren't fast but they are given those engines for a reason. Try putting a 4-cylinder in there and see how long it takes 0-60. Don't take this as an insult, I'm just reminding you.

Ju§tin

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no insult taken, i know the disadvantages of the weight of that monster, thats why i took him on in the first place. From a stop do you think i would have taken him on? heck yeah. would i get beat? like a drum. hey man im not nockin on a ford either, i happen to own and cherish my 91 ranger as well. I will tell you though, that my 3.0 v6 XLT is no match for my little rice cake. What ever that mustang thing is you were talking about, would i race it. oh yeah, sure would. I dont care if fararie comes out with a car that has the whole friggen alphabet after the name of the car, id race it. ITs not wether you win or loose its how you race the rice. Preciate the comments man, no doubt....:D

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey se-r kid ive read and learned a whole lot from your threds, i had a good bit of respect for what you say and still do, but do you have to insult me because of where im from. Thats not cool man, i love nissan just like you do.
I happen to be proud that i am a citizan of GA. Look im not gonna dis you and your state so how about showing me a little respect.
Another thing, this is my second day being a member so take it easy on me man, i thought i might get a little respect from this (i did from my girl). In my book your stil cool man so lets just keep it real and get along.:p

·
Registered
135 Posts
Are you guys saying you've never streetraced? As many times as people tell you not to, it comes down to what you want to do in your car at that moment in time. Granted street racing is stupid and it shouldn't happen but it DOES. I don't like to say this because I know (hope not) it will incite a public lynching just for me, but jump off the bandwagon with the whole "father speech" band wagon about not streetracing. Everyone does it at some point in time.

Ju§tin

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey you guys the fact is i love to race. Nice little white boy in a BMW or a banwagon of Mexicans in an SUV. IF they want to go 105, ill go. Its the fact that i get to push the limits of my machine against a machine of a totally different nature. Tis kinda cool if you thind about it:cool:
AND As sr20kid said, chill out, "IM JUST BEING A NEWBIE"
ive only had this little beast for about 6 months now. IM sure you all could apprieciate where im coming from. Right?:p

·
bitter old man
1,456 Posts
Street racing is Stupid. No ifs, ands or buts. You wanna race, go to your local drag strip. Street racing exposes innocent people to unwarranted danger. Go the SE-R.net, find the old archives and search for the Mark Eppingham thread back in 1998 and 1999.

I can count on one hand the times I've street- raced my SE-R in the eight years I owned it. I'd much rather turn and burn than just burn. Lateral Gs get me hot and there are plenty to be found at the local autocross.

Come on, grow up and show some social responsibility. Racing tracks are for racing, where the only people you can hurt are yourself and those who want to join you in that danger.

·
Registered
672 Posts
damn straight bahearn! thats exactly how it is, with no exception at all. street racing = evil. race at the track, for gods sake!

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
I aree with bahearn that racing on the inner city street is dangerous and many a kid with hondas can atest to this. And because of their stupidities, there are plenty of little signs that says "In memory of ???????" all over south florida's highways and streets. I think it's some kind of hypnotic function in those V-Tik systems that make these fools do silly stuff when there is nowhere to go in traffic. I will engage in a highway battle only if the lanes are more than 4 and there aren't that many cars in front of us. But to those who knows about the highways in south florida, unless you're going at least 90-100mph you are going to get run off the road.

boost_boy

Quote for the day: Drive your car like you would drive a new peice of butt (Hard and fast) {Let it know you are the man and you have the power}

·
Registered
74 Posts
Well being a half-white boy in a BMW, I'd say any Bimmer with basic mods (intake, exhaust, chip) would blow your front wheel drive ass away.

I'm just waiting for my E30 M3. I'll show you what a 2.3 litre 4 banger can do.

I can't be that upset at anthony's comment though. I've seen quite a few white boys in BMW's that are either their parents cars, or paid for with their parents money. That pisses me off. Those that drive Bimmers SHOULD feel a responsibility to uphold the heritage of the BMW. Not make it a yuppie cliche.

No, but really... I like SE-R's. A whole lot!! I can't wait to get mine!!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i almost responded with one of those "mabe you wold race me since your daddy bought it for you" until i read on. I respect what your saying about street racing,and like you said 4 lanes and in the middle of nowhere was exactally where i was at. do you think for a second that i would have put me my car and most importantly my girl in direct danger just to race a bandwaggon, heck no man. YOur all right, racing is fun and dangerous, and there is a time and place for it. AT the strip or closed course,or on the highway by ourselves in the middle of the day.no cops no o;ther people just road nissan and ford!get it.............

·
Registered
389 Posts
I pulled hard on a van full of prison workers the other day, I was proud but if I could beat a Expedition full of mexicans I would be real proud. I think I need a 100 shot of NOS for that though.

·
Registered
152 Posts
just curious as to what the hell the fact that the expedition was filled with mexicans has to to with anything. oh... and by the way most late domestic suv's will not go over 85 mph because of the govener.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lol:D

·
Registered
139 Posts
I dont mind a good street race.But the way i do it is both safe and fun.just get on a highway with a SL of about 65 get to a stop light with a friend or what ever and when it turns green STOMP it. BUT only stomp it tell you hit 65. it may not be a full race but think of it as a 1/8. Rember is only ilegal to speed.Its not iligal to get up to the speed limmit fast hhehe J/K:D

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
lol, thats freskn' halarious:D

Some fireman tried to race me too and then an ambulance revved at me at a stop light. A cop even wanted to see who would be quickest to 65:p

1 - 20 of 28 Posts