Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why does my car hesitate so much when I step on the gas? Its seems to hesitate most in the lower RPM range. Could it be my automatic trans? What else could be causing this? I don't know much about cars, so any help would be appreciated.

G

·
Maybe you have a clogged injector, or maybe your MAF needs to be re-grounded. there really isn't "one reason" for hesitation, so you might have to do some troubleshooting. Go to SE-R.net. In fact, you should probably check SE-R.net first all the time, because there's a lot of good info up there.

This probably applies to you.

·
Team Serious
2,134 Posts
BigHitter23 said:
Why does my car hesitate so much when I step on the gas? Its seems to hesitate most in the lower RPM range. Could it be my automatic trans? What else could be causing this? I don't know much about cars, so any help would be appreciated.
I have the same car and it did the same thing until i advanced the timing. after that I have not had the problem again..
I hope this helps

·
Registered
249 Posts
The real way to get rid of the hesitation you should look into getting a ECU for JWT. It is expensive but it really works and you car will not stop at 109 anymore!!!!!

G

·
Possibilities...

Clogged cat or fuel filter, any ignition component (plugs, wires, cap, rotor, coil), MAF may need to be reground (you can check w/ a multimeter) or your TPS may be out of spec. Also, EGR may be clogged or not functioning properly. Those are the most common problems.

I'd start by doing plugs/wires/cap/rotor if you haven't done it in a while, its a good possibility. Then check EGR and the TPS and MAF voltage. Good luck.

·
Platinum
462 Posts
ignition or fuel system...

Check everything JonSER said, and also check your spark plug heat range and they are gapped right. I'd check the ignition timing too. Sounds like the timing is retarded a few degrees off.
Also, use a bottle of complete fuel system cleaner. That might help too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts