Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
95, v6

i've been haunted by this problem for way too long now. as i accelerate, my rpm's literally pause. u can also hear it in the engine. here is what i've done:

-changed maf
-changed dizzy
-plugs n' wires
-changed tps
-cleaned grounds
-checked for vacuum leaks
-new fuel filter
-new fuel lines
-new cap and rotor button.

I think that's it...not sure, there gotta be more that i did. Oh ya, checked fuel pressure, all was good. Checked condition of the new plugs and they were burning perfectly.

So basically I have 2 questions. Which wire can i snip to eliminate the tach? Thinking it's grounding out the dizzy.
And 2, my fuel pressure would hold for approx 20 min after engine is shut off. Is that acceptable? And if not, could a bad FPR cause this issue? Okay, that was 3 questions........thanks!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there is none. i tried looking a few times and come to find out that the computer controls it or lack of..........??

·
Registered
153 Posts
Check you fuel pump volume.You may have pressure,but the engine could be stumbling when more fuel is needed.Maybe the pump is getting weak and can't supply enough,or you have dirt in your tank plugging the strainer,or maybe a fuel line is partially plugged or kinked,or maybe even the tank isn't venting properly and vapor locking.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
good point about checking volume. i'll google that as i'm sure there it is rated in ML or litres per time amount.
the thing is, it seems to be fine once it's over 2500 rpm. works great actually. it does it anywhere between about 1200-2700rpm. you can see the tach pause, and hear it in the engine. it's pretty weird.
this is really gonna be a dumb question, BUT- where is my egr valve located. there is none on the pass side. i looked many times til' someone told me that i didn't have one. cuz if i did, then i would have checked it. i don't think it's affecting my mileage any, i get about 400km to a tank. but then again, i don't know what i'd get if the "pause" wasn't an issue.

thanks for the replies thus far

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh and sorry, i meant to add to see fig 2 of my link. i can see where that one is mounted, but i don't have one.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so, without a doubt, i have an egr valve? i'm going to go out and check it out again. sorry to be such a bother-but i was almost positive that i didn't have one. for whatever reason. however i trust the info that i've been gathering here because this is my first nissan, actually my first truck period.

thanks again

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
just checked, and i can see where one could possibly could have been at one time. but whoever blanked it off did a nice job with their patch plate. it actually looks like "factory". so if it was there, and isn't now..problem found?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts