Nissan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Block Rockin Beats
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently running open downpipe for experimentation (cat broke, test pipe will be here next week) and have been timing the 0-60s. So with previous alterations (dropping 200lbs and SRI) the lil coupe auto 1.6 did just over 7 seconds in chilly weather (first gear to near 40 in ~3.5s, to 60 in 4 more). Tested in warm weather the other day and it was sub-7, right around 6.9. I love the beastie. Soon it will be running with headers, resonator, and straight-thru muffler. After that, I'm really gonna need money and lots of help for JWT cams, light head work, and whatever else I can do.

·
Block Rockin Beats
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
like i said it's a 1.6 auto, but it's a two door with no interior (bare metal, easily 200lbs underweight).

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have headers 2 inch exhaust no resonator, better spark plugs and wires cold air intake and advnaced timeing but im just under 10s. I have and automatic as well.
does 200 lbs really make that much of a difference. i took out the spare tire for weight but thats it.

·
Block Rockin Beats
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Block Rockin Beats
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Apprentice Technician
784 Posts
does 200 lbs really make that much of a difference. i took out the spare tire for weight but thats it.
I've heard weight reduction fanatics say that about every 5lbs reduction is good for about one horsepower. the sentra's already a light car. with 200lbs gone, thats alot of extra power available.

·
Block Rockin Beats
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Here's an 0-60 taken today which clocks at 9 seconds:

YouTube - Sentra's 0-60

Reasons for longer time are I didn't e-break out of first, didn't shift into 2nd on time, and it was 90+ degrees out there today.

So not too shabby IMO...

·
Block Rockin Beats
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wow, i'd be happy with that time regardless with a 1.6L N/A engine sitting on an automatic transmission. weight reduction done you good.
yeah the weight reduction does do what i say it does, i wasted a whole second with the late shift too so it shoulda been down to 8ish.

·
Block Rockin Beats
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Where can I get a downpipe for my sentra? Similar problem, my exhast fell off last week.
see i was thinking of pulling one at the junk yard, but i know they cut off the cats when they get the cars and i'm hoping they don't cut the downpipe flange off, wouldn't make sense if they did as there's shaft room on the cat to cut it there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts