Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked questions about installing a tach and ppl told me it was a blue wire with silver strips every so often. It wasn't that wire it was a green wire coming from the ignition coil behind the distributer, it only has two wires to it green with yellow strip which is the tach signal with and another wire that is black and orange. Just to make thinks easy for some ppl that need some help.

S

·
0 Posts
its the ground wire from ignition coil... all cars are pretty much that way!

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
No offense Brad, but you didn't listen to what I told you. This is what I wrote when you asked, copied straight from the thread:

I'd run the tach's positive wire to a keyed on ignition wire, ground wire to ground obviously, your tach sensing wire goes to an ECU narrow blue wire with a white stripe. If you want your tach backlight to run off your dimmer, connect the light's positive wire to the dimmer's red wire with a blue stripe and the light's ground wire to the dimmer's red wire with a yellow stripe (this wire has silver dots ever so often on it as well). Any futher questions drop me an e-mail.
You hooked directly up to your coil, what I suggested was hook it up to the ECU so you didn't have to run a wire through the firewall into the engine compartment. I was trying to tell you the easier way to do it, plus you don't have to hack into the ignition wiring where it'll be prone to corrosion. I spent several hours with a meter, figuring out what wire on the ECU was connected to the green wire on the coil. There's no blue wire with silver dots mentioned in my post, and the one that does have silver dots was for the tach's backlight ground wire. I just don't want someone misunderstaning here. What I told you would have worked just fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts