Nissan Forum banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

· Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
nacho_nissan said:
11's!? holy shit! so when do you start giving test rides..? :)
Naw I'm not aiming that high just yet(11's),but into maybe 12.5 or some where.Sure when ever I got it all hook up and fine tune it,I'll let you take a ride in this grocery hauler. :thumbup:

· Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
JNCoRacer said:
PFI kit = Stupid fast power.
I hope you've upgraded your brakes.
LOL at the ( PFI kit = Stupid fast power.)
Well I already have the Stillen xdrill and SS line for now.

And maybe need some BBK from Matt later also,LOL! :thumbup:

· Will work for beer
3,200 Posts
96_vqmax said:
What do you mean never slipped?
What mm does your tial waste gauge come with the kit?Mine's 38mm.
What's your A/R,69 or 81?Thanx! :)

I'm sure he's referring to boost creep or other nasty issues like that.
aftermarket controllers have a tendency not to hold the set boost level sometimes. that can be bad when you're near the limits of the engine...
"Oops.. I just went 2psi over... *POW*"

· Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Matt93SE said:
I'm sure he's referring to boost creep or other nasty issues like that.
aftermarket controllers have a tendency not to hold the set boost level sometimes. that can be bad when you're near the limits of the engine...
"Oops.. I just went 2psi over... *POW*"
OK I see.Do you think my Greddy type S's any good? :)

· Dallas Nissan Mod
376 Posts
96_vqmax said:
What do you mean never slipped?
What mm does your tial waste gauge come with the kit?Mine's 38mm.
What's your A/R,69 or 81?Thanx! :)
Sometimes boost controllers can't control the boost very well and say you have it to 10 psi, boost may creep on up past 15 psi.... Mainly manual boost controllers have this problem - the greddy unit is nice though.

38mm tial WG

.81 A/R = retarded top end

· Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
DNE said:
Sometimes boost controllers can't control the boost very well and say you have it to 10 psi, boost may creep on up past 15 psi.... Mainly manual boost controllers have this problem - the greddy unit is nice though.

38mm tial WG

.81 A/R = retarded top end
Yeah I know the 81 a/r are insane,but given the same mods and psi boost,I bet I'll pull away first and he'll come back later,LOL! :thumbup:

· Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
DNE said:
I hate it

It's got a shitty diaphgragm so it leaks boost sometimes.... and the sound can get annoying after a while...... PEWWWWWWWWWWWWW

- Joffe
So you have try the geddy profec type S,damn I thought Nigel said it's a good unit and it'll hold boost up to 30> psi. :rolleyes:

· Will work for beer
3,200 Posts
the issue with some of those units is your wastegate a lot of times...

if you want to run lower boost, then you need a big wastegate.. You'll be bypassing a LOT of exhaust fumes around the turbo, and the wastegate needs to be able to flow the gas through it.. If you're running a 35mm wastegate on a huge V8 on 5lb boost, you WILL have boost creep problems...
If you're running a 46mm wastegate on a B16 honda running 30psi, then you're WAY overkill on it.

lower boost = larger wastegate.
the controller doesn't have a ton to do with it- all it does is try to keep the boost where you tell it.. boost creep most usually happens in the situation I stated above, not because of a shitty boost controller.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.