Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As you can see,I just came back from Florida,walk in the house and see 3 boxes of fedex on the floor,I quickly open them up and take some pics. :fluffy:
Well most of them was here,except the reverse y pipe and the greddy type S boost controller. :thumbup:
Here's the pics enjoy. :)

·
Nismo Fanatic
708 Posts
hey frank, that is badass!!! the MR2 wants to give you the rematch! let me know when your ready! and dont make me look bad this time... :)

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I sure will call you when I install it Steve,and yeah that intercooler is pretty big too. :thumbup:

You think everyone is working in their garage?J/K Matt,you know how busy I was before,I order this thing back in late oct,and I don't have the $$$ for it in FULL,so Nigel let me paid him 1K to hold the deal and pay him the rest in dec,plus his been out of the country and just came back,that's why I didn't get it until NOW. :thumbup:

Hey nacho,don't worry this time,I'm also BOOST and prolly need to run low boost to get him this time,if everything work perfectly. :cheers:

·
MODR H8R
658 Posts
That looks like the PFI kit. Have fun installing it. It can be done in about 2 days. I thought the hardest part was trimmimng the bumper (metal) for the IC and tapping into the valve cover for the oil return. You will have a blast with it when its all completed.

·
Registered
80 Posts
JNCoRacer said:
That looks like the PFI kit. Have fun installing it. It can be done in about 2 days. I thought the hardest part was trimmimng the bumper (metal) for the IC and tapping into the valve cover for the oil return. You will have a blast with it when its all completed.

also - those exhaust clamps are POS. We tightened it down as hard as possible - and yet, the piping came lose and drug down the freeway. I highly suggest you get them welded on - you'll thank me later. Make sure you clock the turbo correctly - or it'll leak from oil not draining properly. Be super careful when you drill the hole and tap the valve cover for the oil return nipple - clearances are very tight - i mean you have about 1mm each way before you fuck up so measure, and measure again.

Call me if you need any help.... That install wasn't hard - but definately had many, o shit we gotta go to home depot/ auto zone a million times.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
JNCoRacer said:
Yeah that's the PFI kit,I'll take my time when I install,thanx! :)

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
seximagtr said:
also - those exhaust clamps are POS. We tightened it down as hard as possible - and yet, the piping came lose and drug down the freeway. I highly suggest you get them welded on - you'll thank me later. Make sure you clock the turbo correctly - or it'll leak from oil not draining properly. Be super careful when you drill the hole and tap the valve cover for the oil return nipple - clearances are very tight - i mean you have about 1mm each way before you fuck up so measure, and measure again.

Call me if you need any help.... That install wasn't hard - but definately had many, o shit we gotta go to home depot/ auto zone a million times.
For real,but if you weld it together,won't it make it impossible to remove the system later or is it possible unless you saw it off?Well my turbo came pre clocked according to Nigel,cause I asked him to,is that why your turbo leak oil from clocking it?Damn I sure wish the kit come with a template or something for the drain return nipple.May I ask why you have to run to home depot/ auto zone a million times,cause I thought the kit come with every thing???Well I sure will paid more attention when I drill the valve cover.Thanx alots for the info. :thumbup:

·
Registered
80 Posts
96_vqmax said:
For real,but if you weld it together,won't it make it impossible to remove the system later or is it possible unless you saw it off?Well my turbo came pre clocked according to Nigel,cause I asked him to,is that why your turbo leak oil from clocking it?Damn I sure wish the kit come with a template or something for the drain return nipple.May I ask why you have to run to home depot/ auto zone a million times,cause I thought the kit come with every thing???Well I sure will paid more attention when I drill the valve cover.Thanx alots for the info. :thumbup:

well the clocking depends on where you are draining the oil to. You need to clock differently depending on if you tap the valve cover - or if you tap the upper oil pan(recommended). The kit comes with everything supposedly - but there were fittings and small things that I had to get locally. Also... if you want - i can drill a valve cover off of one of my spare motors here and send it to ya if you'll ship me some cash and the fitting... unless you wanna tap the oil pan - in which case - theres plenty of spots to tap to.

·
Registered
80 Posts
96_vqmax said:

Also as far as welding - weld the pipes that will have more strain on them - like the turbo exhaust dump piping mainly. If you jack the car up you shouldnt have a problem removing piping even after they are welded.

·
Registered
167 Posts
frank ya you should tap the upper oil pan if you can and not the valve cover. Also see if you can get the exhuast welded together or like matt said get some exhaust flanges welded on there.

Hey Frank did you get the mandral bent or non-mandrla bent reverse y-pipe?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
seximagtr said:
well the clocking depends on where you are draining the oil to. You need to clock differently depending on if you tap the valve cover - or if you tap the upper oil pan(recommended). The kit comes with everything supposedly - but there were fittings and small things that I had to get locally. Also... if you want - i can drill a valve cover off of one of my spare motors here and send it to ya if you'll ship me some cash and the fitting... unless you wanna tap the oil pan - in which case - theres plenty of spots to tap to.
seximagtr,according to the pics in the kit,I got to drill one hole on the upper oil pan(feed hole)already,why don't they just put in the instruction to tap TWO holes in the upper oil pan together,instead of one on the upper oil pan and one on the valve cover for the return?????? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
seximagtr said:
seximagtr,according to the pics in the kit,I got to drill one hole on the upper oil pan(feed hole)already,why don't they just put in the instruction to tap TWO holes in the upper oil pan together,instead of one on the upper oil pan and one on the valve cover for the return?????? :rolleyes:
Well I got an extra motor laying around,I'll try to tap it my self first and see,if I can't get it done then I'll give youo a call. :thumbup:

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
seximagtr said:
Also as far as welding - weld the pipes that will have more strain on them - like the turbo exhaust dump piping mainly. If you jack the car up you shouldnt have a problem removing piping even after they are welded.
Thanx I'll try to see if I can weld that together then. :)
BTW seximagtr,do you mind to share what's your setup was. :thumbup:

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
turbo-maxima said:
frank ya you should tap the upper oil pan if you can and not the valve cover. Also see if you can get the exhuast welded together or like matt said get some exhaust flanges welded on there.

Hey Frank did you get the mandral bent or non-mandrla bent reverse y-pipe?
Well I think Nigel said their kit now only come with mandlal bend.But I'm not sure yet cause I still didn't get it yet. :rolleyes:

Well thanx Matt,I sure will if I plan to well the flange on. :)

1 - 20 of 55 Posts