Banned
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the tube installed. Nice low growl at WOT and a little more turbo spool

;)

·
Registered
307 Posts
hey man how come the name plate or what ever that thing is called with the 3000 TURBO on it is a different color than mine. mine is red where your is grey and grey where yours is red. why did nissan put the same engine out in different colors.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Because I sandblasted mine and re-did it

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
Mine has blue lettering. Look in the gallery. Paint the entire mani cover in whatever color you want, let dry thoroughly and sand off the top. Voila, new recessed color scheme and nice detail. :)

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
SKD_Tech said:

;)
Looks cool, not sure if it's worth $35 or whatever, though.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
awsome car, i love them so much...........oh and umm, nice driver too ;) what # is it lol

·
FIVE SPEED&FOAM INJECTION
1,541 Posts
so it created a growl and more turbo spool huh? All by adding a 6 inch aluminum tube?..........now Im gonna have to order one up!

·
Power FC Z32
2,147 Posts
SKD_Tech said:

;)
Wow, you need to either dirty that large intake pipe or clean your engine?

Intake looks impressive! :)

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yep I like it. It seriously added a nice growl and a tad more turbo spool. But if your partly deaf your not going to know. Thanks for the comments guys

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
Is that an FIPK on the front of it? So the pipe itself isn't very long then..... And what are you using for the bend going to the MAF, just the stock rubber hose?

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah that's the FIPK with the stock elbow connecting to the MAF. 3" diameter and 8"s long.

·
El Chingon
1,752 Posts
I love the golf club hood prop. :thumbup: Is that what it is or does it just look like a golf club?

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Coco said:
I love the golf club hood prop. :thumbup: Is that what it is or does it just look like a golf club?
You hit it on the head of the nail!;)

My hood shocks are blown:(

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
SKD_Tech said:
You hit it on the head of the nail!;)

My hood shocks are blown:(
lol i noticed that one too. why buy a fancy hoop prop when golf clubs work just as well................and some are even c/f! JDM YO! any who, so what you did was just a cone filter and what looks to be a 3in. pipe? what is it suppost to do? smooth out the air flow alittle? i just cant see the addition of a 3 in. pipe doing anything.........but then, i dont have a turbo :thumbup:

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
1.6pete said:
lol i noticed that one too. why buy a fancy hoop prop when golf clubs work just as well................and some are even c/f! JDM YO! any who, so what you did was just a cone filter and what looks to be a 3in. pipe? what is it suppost to do? smooth out the air flow alittle? i just cant see the addition of a 3 in. pipe doing anything.........but then, i dont have a turbo :thumbup:
Theres a silencer box where the red piping is now, and where the FIPK is was where the filter box used to reside. Both are pretty restrictive for inlet to a turbo spooling pretty much double factory boost...... I've heard stories of unmodified turbo inlet pipes collapsing due to the increased airflow and massive restrictions. Trust me, it's much better this way..... :thumbup:

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
Theres a silencer box where the red piping is now, and where the FIPK is was where the filter box used to reside. Both are pretty restrictive for inlet to a turbo spooling pretty much double factory boost...... I've heard stories of unmodified turbo inlet pipes collapsing due to the increased airflow and massive restrictions. Trust me, it's much better this way..... :thumbup:
ahh i see. i just didnt know what was there to begine with (i really should learn more about these cars :thumbup: ) but it all makes sence, wow, for na cars all we have to worry about is our intake bottle necking our flow but like you said if you really get on it and its stoped up or just no enuff air flow the intake will create a vacum..........that cant be good.

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
If you look in the gallery, my car has a somewhat similar setup, except I'm using 3" exhaust pipe and a ricer air filter that cost me $24. Total cost was about $30 for my setup. I hate wasting money on bling........ :thumbdwn: ( No offense to SKD, of course...;) )

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you look in the gallery, my car has a somewhat similar setup, except I'm using 3" exhaust pipe and a ricer air filter that cost me $24. Total cost was about $30 for my setup. I hate wasting money on bling........ :thumbdwn: ( No offense to SKD, of course...;) )
None taken... I had my neighbor change out my fan belt today. (he offered and I was at school and didn't have time) so that's one less thing to squeak lol.

·
Z31 know-it-all
1,023 Posts
You've obviously never actually taken a look at the stock silencer box. It's a restrictiveless tube with a box surrounding it and two small holes allowing air to pass from the pipe into the box. There is no restriction whatsoever from the silencer. The actual intake box is quite good flowing. But the problem comes from where it gathers air and how it funnels it from the engine bay. Simply remove the restrictive funnel and it's quite free flowing. The air filter surface area is actually larger than many cone air filters in use.

·
Vanilla Ice all the way baby!
1,198 Posts
AZ-ZBum said:
You've obviously never actually taken a look at the stock silencer box. It's a restrictiveless tube with a box surrounding it and two small holes allowing air to pass from the pipe into the box. There is no restriction whatsoever from the silencer. The actual intake box is quite good flowing. But the problem comes from where it gathers air and how it funnels it from the engine bay. Simply remove the restrictive funnel and it's quite free flowing. The air filter surface area is actually larger than many cone air filters in use.
i was looking at my intake (yes zbum i actaully spent time on this bout 20-30 minutes) neways i was looking at where it gathers air and i was unable to see where it actaully draws the air in, i saw where it goes over by the right headlgiht but that was as much as i could see (i didn't look underneath, was unsure if i would see nething different), but wheres the funnel at?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts