Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DOes Anyone know how to reset codes for a '95 Altima. THe check Engine light is on but I've had it checked out and there is nothing wrong and I refuse to pay $60 to get them reset by some dealer!!! SO if you know anything...

·
Whoa...
2,073 Posts
altimagal said:
DOes Anyone know how to reset codes for a '95 Altima. THe check Engine light is on but I've had it checked out and there is nothing wrong and I refuse to pay $60 to get them reset by some dealer!!! SO if you know anything...

it didnt trip any codes? trry unplugging your battery over night..
another thing, Check engine lights are made to reset after a certain number of starts... so for example if a certain code, say o2 sensor, trips, it may be programmed to reset after 120 starts of the car....

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
go to auto zone and they'll do it for you.

Just ask them to check it and when they do ask them to reset it.

The battery thing will work usually as well, but then you are having to reprogram your stations.

·
Registered
4 Posts
altimagal said:
i have used the Autotap, which is basically an OBD2 connector interface for the pc to read and analyze car codes and other functions of the cars computer, autozone should be able to do it, can u remember what the code was for... sometimes cars do funny things like, intermittent code, the "i think u did something wrong so i will turn on the light" code, i have my doubts the codes will be erased by battery removal... but on some obd 1 cars it works, if u are in dallas, pm me and i will swing by and clear up the code, good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts