Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1.How do u know when ur clutch needs to get replaced?(where's a good place to go shopping for a stage 1 clutch?)
2.A belt in my car snapped. i believe it was the power steering belt, but i can't replace it b/c one of the three wheel thingies that it goes around(please give me the correct terminology on that) is loose. the uppperright one. how would i go about replacing that?
3.my shifter feels loose. there seems to be alot of play(even while it's in gear). is there any way to fix that?
4.E-brake is way too high. even though this problem seems to be common in alot of 240's i've seen, can i adjust that myself?
ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED

·
Registered
319 Posts
1)An easy way to figure out if your clutch is slipping/needs replacing is when your driving and you accelerate hard, your RPM's go up but your speed does not. Also, if you floor the car and suddenly take your foot off of the gas, your RPM will shoot down. Goin up hills is also much harder.

2) The wheel thingies are called Pulleys. They guide the belt from slipping and keeping tension. You probably need a pulley puller (a large clamping device used to take off pullies), pop on a new one and put your new belt on and tighten it up.

3)Does your stick wobby a lot, especially at higher speeds? Could be your tranny mounts starting to wear. I need my engine mounts replaced. Does anyone know if I have to pull the whole engine out to replace these? Easy way to tell, your sitting at a light and you feel the rumble of your engine throughout the car, feels like your in a 454 Big block Cuta!

4)Does your e-brake still work? If it does, haha whatever! I think there is a line adjuster to create more tension if you take off the center console and take a look but only 50% sure on that, easy enough to take off however.

Hope that helps a bit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts