Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all. i put a hotshot header on my car a while back, i also have a max speed muffler and 2 1/2 in exhaust, i also went to a local muff. shop and had a hi flo cat put on. a week after that the check engine light came on. i had it checked and the shop said it was the cat. i also noticed a decrease in sound almost by half, and a little power decrease. could my cat be melting or getting plugged up? oh also my muff, has a rattle in side of it. i am so frustrated in this matter, can anyone help.

·
Registered
249 Posts
The reason why your power decreased is becuase you took all your back pressure away. The check engine light is because there is not enough temp. in the cat. So the O2 sensor is getting a false reading.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no, my power went away after the light came on. i got it fixed to day. i had the 2nd o2 sensor relocated to where it is behind the second cat. the light went off and power came back. what had happened is when the light came on the ecu automatically retards the timing. light was also on because it was sensing that a cat was missing, which it was. the primary cat was in the ex manifold, thats gone cause i have a header.

thanks anyway

1 - 3 of 3 Posts