Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 94 Nissan Sentra 3 1/2 years ago. When I slow down to stop and put the clutch in the car stalls. When ever , sometimes all the time or it goes for a while with out doing it. Now I am in the process of putting in my 4th alternator in the past year and a half. It has only been a month since the last one. No one seems to figure out whats wrong. Can't afford to buy a new car but this is not good! Any suggestions ?

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
Uh the Sentra is not a Nissan Car...

Might want to try posting this in the Sentra forum.

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
SKD_Tech said:
Uh the Sentra is not a Nissan Car...

Might want to try posting this in the Sentra forum.
Not a Nissan car? You mean, it's not a Z. ;) In any case, moving to the Sentra forums....

·
Registered
32 Posts
mindi46 said:
I purchased a 94 Nissan Sentra 3 1/2 years ago. When I slow down to stop and put the clutch in the car stalls. When ever , sometimes all the time or it goes for a while with out doing it. Now I am in the process of putting in my 4th alternator in the past year and a half. It has only been a month since the last one. No one seems to figure out whats wrong. Can't afford to buy a new car but this is not good! Any suggestions ?
take off the throttle body and give it a good cleaning should fix your problem

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
ick19 said:
take off the throttle body and give it a good cleaning should fix your problem
Not with the alternator, though. Sounds like the alternator is at full output all the time, which will burn one out in short order. Usually that indicates a battery or cable issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts