Nissan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Nismophiliac
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first time doing this swap. I have a 89 240sx coupe, and a s14 sr20de engine. My question is that, the two connectors (gray and brown) are not on the sr20de engine. I have completely taken apart the entire harness, and no wires have been cut. Does anyone know if the s14 silvia used different connectors than the s13 silvia?

By the way, the only connector i have left over is a off-white colored connector with around 5 wires in it.

·
Nismophiliac
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does anyone here have a kouki s14 body style 240 (97-98)? I need to know if you guys have the same engine connectors, (the large gray connector, and the smaller brown connector, that connect the engine harness to the main harness. since the newer bodies have obdII. Do you guys have a white connector with six wires in it? Thanks.

·
Nismophiliac
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks. I'm positive my sr20de engine came from a s14 silvia. I just need to know if the connectors from a obdII vehicle are the same from a obdI.

·
Nismophiliac
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I need detailed pics of a s14 wiring harness. Both Zenki and Kouki. Does anyone know what website I can find these pics?

·
Nismophiliac
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Kouki S14 said:
I just checked and my 97 has the white 6 wire plug.
the other is black and it has 8 wires I believe.
Great! that's what my SR20DE engine has. I know now that it has OBDII. THanks

Now, can you get me a pic of the connectors? If not, I can just try to find a s14 here. Thanks for the help.

·
Nismophiliac
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry but they didn't work, I'm in the process of taking some digital pics of the harness, but I found the metal plate that came with the engine. (the metal plate that goes inside of the engine bay)

Type: E-S14
Chassis No.: S14-040071
Model: GBYARTAS14ED4L---- (It really has these 4 dashes.....)
Color Trim: KH3 G
Engine Motor: SR20 (DE) CC:1998
Trans Axle: RE4R01A RB40
Plant: W

Can anyone determine what year sr engine this is? I sure can't.....

·
Nismophiliac
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Nismophiliac
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
does anyone know where I can find a website about a S14 wiring harness, or a s14 into a s13 swap?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I may have already reffered you to these people, if so sorry.
Try www.mckinneymotorsports.com
They have a wiring service and have been very willing to answer any questions i've asked them. They can probably send you a diagram or offer to fix your harness for you.

·
Nismophiliac
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
can anyone find me a wiring diagram for s s14 240sx? I need the complete engine wiring harness. Thanks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts