Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have a 92 nissan sentra xe. for about 2wks my battery light has been on. and staying on! i had the battery checked...and the alternator checked.. autozone did a diagnostic check. they say that those items are fine.BUT the light remains! how can i get this battery light, and the annoying buzzer to go off. im glad i dont need a new battery or alternator...im happy as long as this car starts up and runs lol! living in atlanta...you REALLY NEED A CAR HERE hehe! also im having problems with a aftermarket indash cd player..best buy says nothing is wrong with the radio. but when i hit bumps in the road.. the radio goes out. and sometimes comes back on :( im a music freak as well...i needs my music! haha! any info would be greatly appreciated :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Both problems could possibly be related. Did they both start at the same time? The battery light staying on could be caused by an ignition switch problem. Hopefully, whoever installed the aftermarket radio used a wiring harness rather than hard wiring it.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re:help-battery light

no, diablo the radio was an issue before the battery light came on.

im gonna take the radio in tommorrow. and i think i may have the nissan dealer to take a look at the car. im undecided on that one cause the dealer can cause you to throw out $$$$ thanks for the info

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
battery light

Apparently, it's a common problem. My 92 SE-R had the same condition, although the brake light also came on. When I revved my engine, the lights went off and stayed off(until I turned the car off and started it again). The problem mysteriously vanished yesterday. A knowledgeable Nissan mechanic told me that the best way to eliminate the lights when everything tests fine is to replace the alternator. Your situation is suspicious, though, because of the radio issue(radio/battery light...radio/battery light...hmmmm!). Good luck.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

thanks sharmon.....i found out yesterday what the problem is with the battery light. the noise is coming from the fuse box, a friend of mine removed the fuse thats listed for "meter" i think.. and all the dash lights and gauges went out except for the fuel indicator. and it eliminated the noise....but! having that fuse gone would cause me to push the orange shift lock button to be able to take the car out of park! NOT GOOD LOL so, im gonna deal with the battery light and the noise until i can get the fuse box replaced. why does nissan make these fuses that do way than one more thing!?! lol! but i still love nissans :) by the way....does dynamat really make a diffrence in noise dampening? i was thinking of doing this to the car once its paid off. is there any other products i can try to make the interior quiet. thanks for all the info :)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

oh yeah i fergot....the radio's problem was the ground wire i think he called it.. lol was frayed in 3 places...and now the radio is back in full effect...**insert HAPPYFACE HERE** hahah

1 - 7 of 7 Posts