Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 89 HB how can i tell if my throw out bearing went out or the slave cylinder has gone bad?It is hard to put in to gear and it does not grind while i push in to gear it's just hard to put into gear.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did that and it seemed to over full i loosened the bolt and it started leaking out before i could take it out all the way.How can i tell if the master cylinder is bad?As i said it doesn't grind when i try to put it in gear and it doesn't leak anywhere.

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,222 Posts
Make sure the clutch master cylinder is full with brake fluid. If that's OK, then there may be air in the hydraulic system. Last thing to check is for proper free play at the clutch pedal.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok i put a master cylinder and slave cylinder bleed all the air out and it shifted good and had good clutch pedal and went to start the truck and the same thing started again it is hard to put into gear it's like i have very little clutch pedal.And can some one tell me what the clutch damper does.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Still has ar in system , bleed Mc first (Bench Bleed) then work your way down distribution block, then the SC...

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have a 89 HB how can i tell if my throw out bearing went out or the slave cylinder has gone bad?It is hard to put in to gear and it does not grind while i push in to gear it's just hard to put into gear.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
How old is the clutch in your HB??? After noticing it being hard to put into gear. . . Did you check your MC reservoir and notice it was empty? or did it still have fluid in it???

Did you say you were unsure if your slave cylinder was bad or did you find out and replace it already?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts