Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
you need to find someone with the big FSM shop manual. it'll have it in there.

or more easily.. call up the stealership and they'll be able to tell you. usually it's a inverted square-drive plug on the side of the tranny that you fill up to where the fluid is just spilling out.

but i don't want to tell you that and be wrong.

the stealership will definetly know. sometimes i call up there and get a hold of one of the guys in back.. hell sometimes walk right up in the shop and get help...
they can pull up any info on their computers in back.

but if you call them and just get a maintenence tech (the guys that qoute the prices and take the keys when you drop it off) they'll tell you they can't tell you.. the mechanics in back will most of the time.

·
Registered
734 Posts
some transmissions have a plug in the front of the case. others dont. if you cant see a plug, then us the speedo gear hole. should hold 2 3/4 quarts.

·
Registered
430 Posts
the speedo gear hole? you just fill it the same as when you do the plug right? up to the lowest part of the hole? i've had someone tell me to just pour it into the shifter box but that didn't seem right.

i thought all trannys had the plug, should pay more attention when i'm under different cars. but the speedo gear hole is the substitute for some wi/o the plug?

still should get a direct surety on it first though... i could swear i've seen a tranny with two different elevated plugs. i remember cuz i asked myself, hmm i wonder which would be the fill hole, if ones a drain plug.

*shrugs*

·
Registered
430 Posts
eh, i think that dude probably isn't here anymore. just registered to ask that one question. i was just hopin that it'd bring up someone with more info on tranny fluid plugs. there's probably backthreads already.. but i figured since it was on my backlogs and it's already on the system i'd see what came of it.

·
800+ posts
822 Posts
The GA-series manual transmission has a plug on the portion of the transmission facing the radiator between the bellhousing and transmission mount. I can only imagine the E-series is the same, if not similar being its predecessor. You unscrew this plug using the head of a 3/8 socket wrench, and then fill using a bendable funnel to 2 3/4 quarts of gear oil. The gear oil will not pour out the hole when full! That will happen at around 4 quarts of gear oil. Once it is full, simply screw the plug back in place, and move the gear lever between the gears with the engine off to coat them. The drain plug is located on the section of the transmission right before the driver's side CV axle. It is to be unscrewed using a 1/2 socket wrench. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts