Nissan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i've a problems on my nissan xtrail (2.5 A/T Indonesia).

The engine cant rev over than 1500rpm. The check engine light is on. First off all, the O/D light is on and off rapidly, but still can rev normally. Until one day, the car can move but cant rev over than 1500rpm.

I bring the car to my mechanic. Scan the car with BOSCH. Bosch tell me there was an error at TPS. I try to erase the error memory, but the memory still comes again. And then I try to pull the fuse of "Engine Control" and start the car. And the machine can rev normally.

And about 3 or 4 days, the machine act like that again.... :confused:

Anybody can help me? Should I change the TPS?? :eek:

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi aussie, thanks for the reply.. =)

Today, after the car cant rev over 1500rpm, i turn off the engine, turn on it again, the car can rev normally again...

are you sure, the TPS is broke? because in indonesia the TPS cost me about US$1.000.
what is the consequence if i still drive the car without change the TPS?

thank you =)

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes, error was at TPS. ok, i'll ask the mechanic.

but, what is the possible that causing TPS broken? is it because of water? carb cleanner? because everything is normal until i sent the car to Tune Up and then after a week, the car cant rev over 1500rpm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.