Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,. We have an 89 vanette, I have seen posts of people with the z20 twin spark motor, as with ours, bit everyone in the motor trade says vanette never had a twin spark motor, we are chasing a distributer cap an rotor but to no avail, can anyone guide me please,. Did vanettes come out with this motor or is it repowered what could the motor come out of, thanks in advance.

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,224 Posts
Hi,. We have an 89 vanette, I have seen posts of people with the z20 twin spark motor, as with ours, bit everyone in the motor trade says vanette never had a twin spark motor, we are chasing a distributer cap an rotor but to no avail, can anyone guide me please,. Did vanettes come out with this motor or is it repowered what could the motor come out of, thanks in advance.
The OEM engine was an A15; however a Z24 was also used in the Vanette/nomad in some markets. Check out Ebay for ignition parts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The OEM engine was an A15; however a Z24 was also used in the Vanette/nomad in some markets. Check out Ebay for ignition parts.
Thanks mate, I don't know what the OEM engine is, engine number states it's a z20, and I can't find any other info on it.

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,224 Posts
Thanks mate, I don't know what the OEM engine is, engine number states it's a z20, and I can't find any other info on it.
The info that I posted, I got from Wikipedia. Apparently Nissan used two different engines for your vehicle year range - one was the A15 and the other a Z24. That's all I could find. Maybe the previous owner swapped engines.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The info that I posted, I got from Wikipedia. Apparently Nissan used two different engines for your vehicle year range - one was the A15 and the other a Z24. That's all I could find. Maybe the previous owner swapped engines.
Hi again, I did have a thought, of anyone knows, will a distributer from the z24 engine fit the z20..... and could the cap be a higher profile than the z20, PS I have a new cap but it's too low and hits the rotor, when compared to our original cap it's about 15 mm lower overall. I've done some research but haven't come up with anything. Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts