Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

The last time I was driving I tried to honk my horn at some guy that but me off its just failed to work... Its still make no sound what so ever and its the only thing that I can see that's not working the way its supposed to. Any ideas would be appreciated. thanks guys.

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
use the middle finger next time.

·
Now w/20% More Magic
199 Posts
Mine when out due to water getting inside and rusting I would just buy a new one or better yet get a air horn there much better to get the attention of the guy your about give the middle finger too. before you get a new horn make sure your getting 12 volts though the line when press on the horn to make sure it not a fuse or a wire problem

·
Destroyer of worlds.
874 Posts
yes, very good!

-have someone press the horn button(on the steeringwheel, duh) and test the leads for current.

-if no current, you have a bad fuse. consult service manual for location and replacement

if current, replace the unit with one from a junkyard or brand new.

·
new motor & tranny
1,756 Posts
when my horn stopped working....the problem was the plug that connects to the horn itself, it fell off. Not like I use a horn anyway. I let the strobe lights do the talking :D j/k

·
Please Shift Here
6,696 Posts
"Horn broken, watch for finger" You know, I gotta say, some people are so ammune to the sound of a horn, it jus doesn't get their attention any more. I don't hold down my horn anymore, I honk vigorously to get their attention. Even so. Last night, I was driving on I-4, some guy in a big ol Lincoln or Mercury starts to come into my lane (I'm in their blind spot. I honk the horn like 25 times (as I back off since I don't want to get hit), he still comes in and I'm still honking away. Doesn't even take a glance at that noise. For this reason, if your horn just went bad, I suggest you replace it with something a bit louder than your stock horn.

Anyway, test the connector. Take the positive connector off the horn (it's in front of he radiator or behind the washer fluid filler depending on your model), Stick a voltage tester up to it and have someone honk. It's either the circuit or the horn.

·
Registered
118 Posts
If fuse and horn check out ok, there is one other thing to check
which was not mentioned and that is the horn relay. Unit is located
in relay box by the passenger side fender wall in engine compartment.
:thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts