Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i cant find air relief plug 2, anyone have pictures of where 1 and 2 are? i searched and all i find is near the firewall. i see a hose going into the firewall, its cut with a little pipe coming out and the pipe has a hose over it to stop the flow from coming out. is that it?

·
Registered
217 Posts
no, that's not it. there is one on the drivers side of the motor, just under the distibutor. it will use a 10mm socket.

the other one is on a small fitting that attaches to a thin hose just near the thermostat housing. it will look like a small cube with a 10mm bolt on top of it. unfortunately, I don't have pictures. but if you look on the back of the engine near the thermostat housing, and see that thin hose where it connects to that small cube... the bleeder bolt will be right there.

you might also be able to take off that cap you found on the heater hose when you refill the cooling system. unfortunately, if you don't bleed the air while you refill, you'll get an air bubble stuck in there that'll cause it to overheat.

Dan

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ha! i knew that was it.

thank you!

im going to try to get a hold of a camera to take picture as reference, i couldn't find that anywhere here

·
Registered
217 Posts
the FSM had some good drawings but I couldn't get my scanner to work. my computer is beyond repair now so it's time to reformat the hard drive and install from scratch.

Dan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts