Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wonderin if someone could help me out... i recently purchased halo projector headlights for my 98 200sx. i had them professionally installed and im havin a few probs...first of all, my grille wont fit back on rite (it stays on,but its loose)and everyone says its cuz the new light's brackets wont fit. is this normal? my biggest problem is this: i had put hyper white lights in them, i think they were 100watts, and in about a month, the inner housing of the projectors started melting. the company agreed to send me a new pair. i only bought the projectors so that i could have the hyper whites in them. now i dont know what to do! people told me to put Piaas becuz they have low wattage. am i not supposed to use hyper whites with these halo projectors? i would appreciate any help! thankx a bunch!

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
You're not supposed to use overwattage bulbs, which is what you did. PIAAs don't suck because they're low wattage - you're lighting is designed for a certain amount of heat, which is related to the bulb's wattage. PIAAs suck because they're overpriced :p .

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
your not supposed to use 100 watt bulbs. those thing get super hot that why it melting. Use M-TEC hyperwhite bulbs.. they use like 55 Watts but it look like 100 watts when driving. i carry them from my store for like 60 bux shipped. so if you want let me know.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
...so, if i used a low wattage bulb, i should avoid tha whole melting part, rite?

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
you should use the hyperwhite bulbs that look use 55 watts and looks like 100- 110 W... dont buy the ones that use 100 watts .. that just to much to handle.

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
Yea, the bulbs that came with the lights are 55watt for a reason.

·
Red line chaser
814 Posts
It's like putting 30 plugs into one AC plug in your house. The electrical system is overloaded.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts