Nissan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i drive an nx2000 and i want to put the sr20det gti-r engine in it. Will a fwd tranny fit on the gti-r engine? is there different gti-r engines (a fwd one and a awd one?) someone help!

Thanks!
Zack

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
There's only one GTiR engine. It works with either AWD or FWD. Your stock tranny will work fine. What you should concentrate on is improving engine and engine bay cooling. The airflow into the NX's engine bay is pretty limited... it's going to get REAL hot under the hood. And you're going to want to do a front mount intercooler too, but you might want to consider doing a hood scoop and/or hood vents to try to allow heat to escape and to try to manage underhood temps.

This isn't quite as much of a problem for SE-Rs, but it can be a real issue with NXen.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sounds good... i cant wait to get this thing in.. how long does it take to do the swap?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's sort of an open ended question... how good are you with tools? Do you have air tools? How about a lift? Are you going to pull it out the top or drop it out the bottom?

As engine swaps go it's probably one of the easier ones... no rewiring needed, stock motor mounts work... that sort of thing. But it still takes a while to get everything in and hooked up.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey man, how is everything? :D

And The NX (Zack... nice name, heh) here's some pics you might like.

That's my NX2000 with a Bluebird DET, all stock at stock boost - 6.5 psi. My only real modifications were the front mount intercooler and a 3" exhaust system from the downpipe all the way back. I ran a 13.8 @ 101 MPH at the track with a slipping clutch.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Hey Zak, you are were wrong bout no rewiring. The GTi-R motor is different from the BlueBird. Wiring is different. I used the SE-R harness, but I had to use Jim Wolf resistors and Honda injector clips, due to the low impedence top feed injectors. Also on the TPS you need to switch wiress A and C on the 3 pin connector. Everything else is just plug and play...You also have to cut a part of your low block to fit the NX crossmember. I got pics if you need.

It took me a full day n a half.
Any ?s feel free to ask.

--Zak
92 Classic SE-Rt
Pulsar GT-iR

1 - 7 of 7 Posts