Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Work With What You Got
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is my goal for my 96 200sx SE :
To build a sleeper b14 that will pass emissions in california, and not be pulled over by the cops for some ricer reason.

- - - - -
I just want this thread to be a wealth of information from all you wise nissan people. For example: info. about engine stuff H/I/E products with their advantages/disagvantages. Because most people talk about just the parts not the legality of the part, and most parts are "off road use only" I wanna know about the bolt on's that i dont have to remove during a test.

·
Registered
762 Posts
there is sh*t all over this forum about performance mods. take some time and search more. to make a long story short... se's are slow, swap the motor.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Se's are not that slow it depends how u much time and cash your willing to spend on your car. Wit some cash anycar can be pretty fast. I goin a ghetto/cost effective/CA legal way. So far got intake, cams from b13, ported the manifold. Im gonna make a test pipe and run it to a old stock prelude exhaust because the prelude has larger displacement so it'll kill the sound of ur engine. Then get ghetto headers where you get the pipe size of your headers and just ask some place to weld it for you. That'll last me a while for the motor. I was thinkin of gettin a motor swap to DET but do you want to go through the trouble of a turbo and lose the gas efficiency? your car wont be lighting fast but it'll get your some horses and torque.

·
what?
2,704 Posts
Hmm,
From my info, the cost of an engine swap will give you a GA16DE that is more powerful than the swap. (Just the swap is your low point for that engine, and this is the high point for this engine). For real practicality, a swap is out of place. If you have $3000 to spend, do every engine mod you can think of to your GA16DE and it won't be htat bad of a daily driver and will trounce anything else with 1.6 litres.

Seth

·
Registered
117 Posts
Reliability is always an issue with an engine swap. And if you don't do it yourself, you may fine yourself scratching your head about asking why the car is slow or why it doesn't run.

·
Registered
82 Posts
OmegaManEX,
i have a 1.6L sleeper, and i live in cali. don't swap the motor, its illegal, trust me i checked everywhere. first thing that your gunna want to do is address the intake and exhaust hot shot has a carb legal intake and header, so go with them, as for exhaust get a high flow cat and cat back, the piping on the CA addition SE is just terrible, its like 1 1/4 inch piping. get 2" or 2 1/4"manderal bent piping and use a silencer. one of the best sounding and best sound deadening one is just a cherry bomb, if you get one, make sure that its a 1/4" bigger then the rest of the pipping so that you don't lose power from it. now the next thing that you will have to change is the clutch, because my clutch lasted about 3 days with all that stuff on it, your gunna want to change the clutch, (ACT or JWT or Hyperactive Racing all make clutchs for it,) to at least a stage 2, and if your really serious get a fly wheel as well, unorthodox racing and JWT make them. Another good legal power adder is the Unorthodox racing underdrive pulley, there the only ones that make an underdrive pulley for our car. JWT makes an ECU for the GA motor and its freakin great, the CARB people will never know. Cams aren't legal, but they'll never know, so its not a big deal, go ahead and get them, JWT is the only place i would buy cams from. if i think of anything else thats legal for it i'll holla. later.

·
Search Whore
209 Posts
make a small adapter to connect a lil t25bb turbo the ported stock mainfold (use a fed version) leave the heat shield on or make a bigger one to hide things. no intercooler or maybe a small one painted black, and use stock looking rubber hose to route intake plumbing. hmmm.... JWT ECU, cams, 3" exhaust to a rusty straight thru dynomax. NX2000 brakes up front. b14 se-r wheels. KYB AGX's painted black w/ prokits. totally build the engine and keep it nice and dirty.

·
Registered
393 Posts
HondaEater0007 said:
OmegaManEX,
don't swap the motor, its illegal, trust me i checked everywhere.
arent you able to swap to a newer-year engine that was equipped in the car? i.e. USDM sr20de? thats what i thought...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts