Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my 2 oil gauges done and working, but I can not find a way to hook up my water temp gauge. The deal is, the AutoMeter sender is 1/8"NPT and the stock Nissan sender is M12X1.25. I can not find an adapter anywhere, also the stock Nissan sender does not have the right output to drive my guage correctly. Does anyone know where I could find an adapter, or has anyone here put a 1/8"NPT sender in their GA that wouldnt mind helping me out. Thanks

·
Registered
327 Posts
you can find them at autozone or pepboys..they are call metric engine block adaptors...it came with several sizes for like 8-10 bucks...ive been too scared to figure out were to hook mine up..are yours mechn. or elec. ..were did you find were to tap for the oil pressure gauge??..the gauges i have are mini 1's i made a custom housing for to fit in my hole under my radio...they are in and light up but thats it..i want them to be functional...[oil pres;amp.;water temp,that i want to use as a block temp]hope i helped

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SXSENIS,

Go to my website(link bleow), there are some good pics of my oil sender setups. This is probly a lil more involved then what you may want to do, but to tap for a oil psi guage, just get a "T" and put it in the stock oil psi switch locatation. I belive the size is 1/8"NPT, then you psi sender will go in one port and the stock switch will go in another. If you would like, I may be able to send you some pics of a setup that would work. I was going to do that orginally, but I decided to go another route instead. If I can find the parts I had, Ill take a pic.

·
Registered
99 Posts
regarding your water temp connection you can use the drain plug on the block to make your sensor connection. just remove the drain plug and replace it with the sensor.

If I recall correctly the drain plug is 1/8.

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
chef,
Do you mean the drain on the front of the block, I looked at that yesterday and it looks bigger than 1/8". Anyway, I am goin to scour that engine tommorow to try and find some plug that is NPT, I have a few adapters, maybe I will get lucky.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I just remembered that you will have to use an adaptor. Autometer usually gives you adaptors so just use on of them and you should be fine. Yes it is the drain plug that is in the front.

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
chef,

Well I just went out and pulled the block drain plug, it appeared to be 1/4" npt, but my 1/4" npt adapter would not fit in it. I have another idea though. Last night while surfing the web, I found Greddy makes a coolant hose adapter. It a short piece of pipe with a sender hole built in. The idea is to cut out a section of radiatior hose, put the adapter in place, then screw in your sender..problem is I do not know what size sender the Greddy adpter is made for. Does anyone here know?? BTW I would be a little worried about using the block drain plug location because it is only about 2" away from the cat-con, them babies throw off some heat. Would that affect the sender reading?

·
Registered
99 Posts
You have a 99 Sentra, right, and the cat is close to where the plug is, I probably wouldn't put it there then. You could possibly try a 1/4npt elbow male/female and see it that would work but I think the greddy adaptor seems like a good idea.

·
Registered
327 Posts
thank you

yeah, i saw that plug there too but was unsure what it was for..ive relocated my cat under the car do you think it still might work or is there a closer plug on the firewall side..?And thanks for the ur info ill check out your pics and see what you are talking about..

·
Registered
327 Posts
ah i see

so you mean a oil filter relocation kit is my best bet or is there another way...i was thinking of relocating the filter anyway..if its easier ill try it...they sell it in summit right..?oh one other thing is my gauges are mechn..as long as i have the proper fittings i think it will still work...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts