Nissan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I JUST BROUGHT A PAIR OF 17 INCHES WHEELS 17X7 WITH 205/40/17, BUT THE WHEELS ON THE BACK ARE RUBBING THE STRUTS. DO YOU THINK IF I GET SOME WHEEL SPACERS WILL THAT WORK??????????

·
Registered
17 Posts
BIGBALLER said:
I JUST BROUGHT A PAIR OF 17 INCHES WHEELS 17X7 WITH 205/40/17, BUT THE WHEELS ON THE BACK ARE RUBBING THE STRUTS. DO YOU THINK IF I GET SOME WHEEL SPACERS WILL THAT WORK??????????
yes get wheel spacers. get about a 4 mm spacer and you should be fine.

·
I WANT BOOST !!!
214 Posts
BIGBALLER said:
dayum dont u think 17x7s are just a lil to big ? do u realize that the added size comes with added weight and is slowing down your 13 sec quarter horse :rolleyes:

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
next time buy wheels that are the correct offset and you won't have this problem.

·
Destroyer of worlds.
874 Posts
hehehehe, i can't believe you did that. your wheels will be hitting something no matter what you do. you could put a spacer in and keep them from hitting the struts...but then they'll hit the fender! add this onto your diminished fuel mileage and slower acceleration, i'd say you made a wonderfully well informed decision.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey now, I'm running the exact same thing on my '91 nx1600 without problems. 17x7, 205/45/17's. Mind you, I have a set of 15x7's for the track or strip, but the 17's look really nice, especially dropped. :thumbup: However, everyone's right, if you plan to run 17's for everything, you're going to be dissappointed.

If you find the spacers are causing some fender rub, roll your lips and you should be fine. If not, you must have the oddest offset know to man. :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm running 15's on my car right now, I just brought the 17's because they would look better with my body kit.

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
The 2.5"/2" drop is worse than the 17's. You're riding on bumpstops. Stupid and dangerous.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Hydrolock said:
Pimp juice. I bet your braking is way faster...
not if he didnt put a break up grade on which is just retarded if he didnt, that so much extra static weight to get going annnnd stop actually almost dangerous

·
Destroyer of worlds.
874 Posts
toolapcfan said:
The 2.5"/2" drop is worse than the 17's. You're riding on bumpstops. Stupid and dangerous.
wow, i didn't notice that. that might actually be why they're rubbing too.

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
Hydrolock said:
Pimp juice. I bet your braking is way faster...
No, the added leverage as well as rotational mass of the increased diameter would decrese braking.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tavel said:
wow, i didn't notice that. that might actually be why they're rubbing too.
I don't have the 2.5 inches drop anymore, it's stock now. The thing is that the rims aren't rubbing in the front its the back. I know people that have 17s on there 91-94 sentras but theres don't rubb. I got some spacers, its not rubbing but its a close fit to the strut. Like when i make a hard turn that rubb on the back. I think i need a diferent size spacer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
BIGBALLER said:
I don't have the 2.5 inches drop anymore, it's stock now. The thing is that the rims aren't rubbing in the front its the back. I know people that have 17s on there 91-94 sentras but theres don't rubb. I got some spacers, its not rubbing but its a close fit to the strut. Like when i make a hard turn that rubb on the back. I think i need a diferent size spacer.

I had spacers on mine. I can't remember what size.. they were a good 1/2 inch anyway. Once I put the spacers in I had to roll the little flare of the fender because its bent at about 90 degrees. So I had to bend the flares back farther. This was with 17's btw. I don't have them anymore, but there was no real change in braking, there was some in acceleration though. Handling was awesome. Looking back, though I really should have got 16's. I wouldn't recommend 17's.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts