Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Day.

Ive got a nissan sentra LEC 91 model...no power steering...
Im new to this forum and i wanna SETUP my ca for max performance..however to start with..I DO NOT KNOW MY ENGINE TYPE.

as far as i know my engine displacement is 1.3....however when i go to ENGINES at the forum...what i get at the sentra 91 site is a 1.6 ENGINE! not 1.3.

is this right or am i wrong in assuming my sentra has 1.3 engine.

Please help.

·
265k miles and counting..
2,656 Posts
If this is a US spec B13 Sentra, it came with 2 engine choices. The 1.6 liter GA16DE or the 2.0 liter SR20DE. Some other markets also got the carburated 1.5 liter GA15D , but none to my knowledge got a 1.3, but I think the Micra may have. Nissan engine codes break down to this : in a GA16DE, Engine family=GA, size= 1.6 liters, D=DOHC and E= electronic fuel injection.

·
Registered
851 Posts
it should say on the driver's door jamb, theres a sticker that has all the cars info (manf. date, color, engine type, VIN, etc) i know mine actually says the engine name (GA16DE).

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
Sentra LEC?

The LEC was a Philippine model I believe...if you are in the Philippines then the answer could be yes you have a 1.3...

But ,Since you skipped the location in your name when you signed up it makes it difficult to say...

only 1.6 and 2.0's were available in the US..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, youre right BINGO!!!

im from the philippines, and if you say 1.3 then its 1.3, so my engine model should say GA1.3 etc etc??

coz i will start searching this foum to enhancement of that engine, btw, this engine is good, we've got a HONDA CIVIC sporting a 1.6 engine AutoTrans, and my SENTRA 1.3 eats up the Honda in both speed and economy, i wish i could improve on this.

Thanks for your reply though.

·
yesss...
406 Posts
the B13/B14 Nissan Sunny sported that engine.. here are the specs:

Engine
Displacement, cc: 1295
Engine model: GA13DS
Max.power (Net), kw(PS)/rpm: 79 ps (58.10 kw) / 6000 rpm
Max.torque(Net), N*m(kg*m)/rpm: 10.6 kg*m (103.95 N*m) / 3600 rpm
Power density: 11.65
Engine type: Water cooling serial 4 cylinder DOHC16 valve
Engine information
Fuel system: Electronic control carburetor (ECC)
Turbocharger: No
Fuel type: Unleaded regular gasoline
LEV system (Low emission vehicle): No
Compression ratio: 9.5
Bore, mm: 71
Stroke, mm: 81.8
Final gear ratio
Fuel consumption at 10-15 modes, l/100km: 5.8
Fuel consumption at 60 km/h, l/100km:

i dont know what alot of that stuff means, but those are the specs on that engine..hope this helps

got it from here:
http://english.auto.vl.ru/catalog/21052/

·
Erin Go Bragh!
168 Posts
himilefrontier said:
If this is a US spec B13 Sentra, it came with 2 engine choices. The 1.6 liter GA16DE or the 2.0 liter SR20DE. Some other markets also got the carburated 1.5 liter GA15D , but none to my knowledge got a 1.3, but I think the Micra may have. Nissan engine codes break down to this : in a GA16DE, Engine family=GA, size= 1.6 liters, D=DOHC and E= electronic fuel injection.
The US GA16DE spec is: Family= GA, Size= 1.6L, D= DOHC, E= EFI . But what about the Philippine spec? What does the S mean (GA13DS)?

·
265k miles and counting..
2,656 Posts
DraftEm98 said:
The US GA16DE spec is: Family= GA, Size= 1.6L, D= DOHC, E= EFI . But what about the Philippine spec? What does the S mean (GA13DS)?
EFI=Electronic Fuel Injection!

I believe the S may actually stand for carburated engines as that is the spot normally reserved for fuel management in the normal Nissan coding.I also found refrences to carburated GA15DS engines, and know that it does not stand for supercharged (That would be R)

·
Erin Go Bragh!
168 Posts
himilefrontier said:
EFI=Electronic Fuel Injection!

I believe the S may actually stand for carburated engines as that is the spot normally reserved for fuel management in the normal Nissan coding.I also found refrences to carburated GA15DS engines, and know that it does not stand for supercharged (That would be R)
Wouldn't that be a site... a supercharged GA15! I'm sure somebody here would adapt that supercharger to a GA16. Or maybe it'd be the first time you'd hear of somebody swapping their motor to something smaller!
Thanks for the info. I'll keep an eye out myself as to what the S means (most likely carburated, like you said).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wow...

FAST and COMPLETE replies...hehehe.
Thanks a lot, now i have a lot on my hands. That was great help guys...
so now id rather keep my eye out for NISSAN SUNNY as this has the same config as the Philippines Sentra during those years.

Thanks a lot, now for the fun part...site for Body kits, skirts, front and rear bumper extensions...anyone? and thanks in advance.

·
Registered
18 Posts
hello!
the GA13DS...the S definately mean carby ones.....reason is that the old E13S was having S comes with carby...these are OHC engines so no D for DOHC....13 was 1.3 and E was family....so from here we can conclude that S was for Carby..:) :cool:
Thanxx

1 - 12 of 12 Posts