Nissan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Not Anymore.
9,075 Posts
the 2.5 autos of 2002 did not seem to suffer as many problems as their 6 speed counterparts. as far as reliability, the 1.8 is better. if you are all about tank reliability i would suggest looking at a 2001 SE with an engine known as the SR20.

· Not Anymore.
9,075 Posts
Gramozeka said:
chimmike: the reason for 2.5 is that as I said before we already own a 1.8 which is a big dissapointement especially when merging in to a moving traffic or getting to highway speeds from a stop sign higway entrance. I don't whant the car to be maxed out the every time It has to merge in to traffic. So I whant a little extra margine to be there. Also going on long highway inclines I hate when the transmision down shifts and holds rpm near redline. You think my mom will do anything about that absolutle not so if the incline is 2 miles long the engine will be reving up all the time which I think just spells trouble in the long run.

NickZac: I can't go for 2.0 since those cars are too old.

After all this sugsestions I will consider the 1.8 but I really whant something with a lilte more assurence on the road. Before I was motivated by relibility of sentras I have heard about but from reading the forums I guess the reliability isn't what it use to be. And even Nissan is not a guarnatee for quality anymore.

Thanks please feel free to add more thoughts. I will update the forum with a progress report.
The 2001SE is a guarentee of quality...I'de consider letting your year cut drop back one and looking into an SE if quality is what your game is. The SR20 is about as bulletproof as an engine in the Americas can be. If you dont believe me just look at guys with older cars with the same engine; 150k, 200k, 250k and even some are working on 300k miles.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.