Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
im doing some research in swaping my ka24e in my 89 240 for a sr20det. and swapping out the trannys also. i need to know if i can accomplish this within a 3000 doller budjet. i also wanted to find out what i need to modify to accomplish this mod. i went to japan star motor and i found out that they sell the engine and the tranny for 1,500, but they said its missing two things the ignitor chip and something else. please help.

·
LUCKY SLIDES 2 2/25/06
504 Posts
track_time_10 said:
im doing some research in swaping my ka24de in my 89 240 for a sr20det. and swapping out the trannys also. i need to know if i can accomplish this within a 3000 doller budjet. i also wanted to find out what i need to modify to accomplish this mod. i went to japan star motor and i found out that they sell the engine and the tranny for 1,500, but they said its missing two things the ignitor chip and something else. please help.
first off how in the hell do you have a KA24de in an 89? they only came with the KA24E which is a single over head cam version of the KA but i dunno bout 3 grand you might be able to pull it off

Don

·
Registered
185 Posts
you can also try www.zerolift.com they have some pretty good deals for complete motors.

·
Registered
37 Posts
sunnydet90 said:
first off how in the hell do you have a KA24de in an 89? they only came with the KA24E which is a single over head cam version of the KA but i dunno bout 3 grand you might be able to pull it off

Don
He obviously mis-typed it. Chill.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you for your comments. i really did miss type it. plus two how do you know if i swaped out a ka24de into my car in the first place. please give me more information on the matter. all answers will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Are you doing all the instalation work yourself or are you paying someone to do it. cause if you are put away about a grand for instalation. Is your car an Auto or a 5 spd if its already a 5spd and your doing the work yourself you can probably stay under your 3k limit if you a Auto and your not doing the instalation yourself I can't see you staying under 3k

·
Registered
90 Posts
Here is a great site that will have all of the answers for you plus it give you a complete swap manual online plus it will explain the problem you will have and how to solve them this will be all you should need and here ya go Heavy Throttle

·
Registered
90 Posts
by the way the problems you will have are: The first is a minor one. The power steering reservoir is located on the US passenger side. The SR20DET has the PS pump on the US drivers side. All that needs to be done is to switch to the DOHC car PS reservoir and PS lines, which can be found new or at a junkyard.

Second, the tachometer in the car is calibrated for the SOHC engine and will not work with the SR20DET. Replacement can be found in the DOHC car or in the JDM SR20DET car. The tachometer can be replaced independently from the entire gauge cluster.

Third is a problem worth thinking about before jumping into the swap. The A/C compressor from the SOHC engine will not bolt up to the SR20DET A/C bracket without a custom adapter. This means that a SR20DET compressor is usually used, which requires the car A/C lines to be modified and the system recharged.

·
Registered
90 Posts
the site will also help you with all of these things:

Which SR20DET to buy?
How much does it cost?
What parts are needed?
Step-by-Step Install Guide
Payment & Shipping Information
Wiring Information
Auto Manual Transmission Swap
Trouble-Shooting Guide
Parts Cross Reference
MAF Wiring Charts
Ignitor Wiring Charts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
DO NOT BUY FROM JAPAN STAR, When i bought my motor i first went to japan star. and one of the guys was pulling the valve cover off a motor. the whole shaize was rusted to the core. i ran outa there as fast as i could. then i just went to noyan. all was gravy.

·
Nismophiliac
1,517 Posts
I just pulled the valve cover from my JHOT engine....I've never seen such a clean valvetrain. you may want to check jhot out as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts