Nissan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is really starting to get annoying and i would like to know how to eliminate this from happening altogether.
it seems in the 96 Max that if you have the key in the ignition and the drivers door open, it just keeps on BEEPING and BEEPING and BEEPING. how can you stop it from doing this? (dont say shut the door either coz there are times when i would like the door open and have the key in the ignition) is there 1 particular wire that i need to cut or is it more complex than that? if, by stopping this beeping, will there be other problems electrically or mechanically down the track?
cheers, dave

· MODR H8R
3,380 Posts
Or you could unplug the beeper. its located on the plastic knee plate under the steering wheel. You'll need a phillips screw driver to remove the two screws. pull the plastic plate off and you'll see the beeper mounted to it on the underside of it. just unplug it. Everything will be fine on your car. Now just remember to turn your lights off and take your keys with you.

· In Ur Threadz - Deleting!
11,954 Posts
lmao...Well Reuben with your EE knowledge I'm sure you could wire in any door chime. Just find a car that has one you like and wire it up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.