Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when im crusin my car runs better than ever it seems, but when i get on the gas a bit and hit full regular boost it will start to miss fire a couple times. But when i floor my boost gauge will hit 15 psi and missfire like every fire. it litteraly sounds when you spit with your tounge sticking out,

ive tiied a bunch of different plugs from bosch platnum +4s to ngk coppers. ive triied gapping them. 0.9- 1.1, my waste gate is hooked up. im starting to think that something important is busted.

thanks for your time.

·
Registered
76 Posts
do you have any type of boost controller hooked up? to be getting spikes that high you waste gate has to be stuck, mabe you blew off the vacuum line to the actuator.rev it up and watch the actuator to see if it moves.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nismo200sx16 said:
do you have any type of boost controller hooked up? to be getting spikes that high you waste gate has to be stuck, mabe you blew off the vacuum line to the actuator.rev it up and watch the actuator to see if it moves.

I chechked last night and yes it moves freely it doesnt seem to be sticking??????

·
Registered
39 Posts
hey man yeah i can only guess it as the waste gate valve? hey how must psi does it uasaly run at? wot is standard boost on the ca18det? wot psi can it run at safly?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Marblecake said:
Did the vac line come off the wastegate?????
Well i started to swap in a gt28 from an s14 silvia, once i took off the piping and some other things in the way i noticed that i need a flange so the stock pipeing will bolt on to the t28. So i put it back together, i have checked all my lines and connections there all good and secure. the vac line is connected to the wastegate

·
Registered
26 Posts
Marblecake said:
Did the vac line come off the wastegate?????
If the line came of the wastegate it would run free boost (did it once before on my CA). By any chance did you check the turbo itself? On your boost controller if you turn it off do you still have the same issues?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GoofyCA18DET said:
If the line came of the wastegate it would run free boost (did it once before on my CA). By any chance did you check the turbo itself? On your boost controller if you turn it off do you still have the same issues?
i dont even have a boost controller

·
Registered
26 Posts
Skylines Little Bro said:
OK thanks man

Does anyone Know if it could be a fuel cutoff????

That could be another issue. I know some of the guys on NICO were experiencing it when they were hitting too much boost for the stock setup. I find it odd though because mine never hit cut off.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
GoofyCA18DET said:
That could be another issue. I know some of the guys on NICO were experiencing it when they were hitting too much boost for the stock setup. I find it odd though because mine never hit cut off.
hmmmm well if its a cutoff, how may i fix it???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts