Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a newbee's in SR20DE engine, we have currently finished installing SR20DE in our project car. Everything was put in place and ready to start. When we start the engine it creates a terrible sounds like a metal to metal contact inside the engine. When we check the head there is no oil present. We try to start again the engine and let it run for about 20-30s and waiting it to normalize but it doesnt. We still here this horrible sound. We check again the head and the oil is not pumping or lubricating the engine.
Does anyone encountered this problem? Please help me I knows theres a lot of expert here.

thanks a lot,
Ogip

·
Platinum
462 Posts
oil pump

maybe the oil pump is not working. or if you swapped that engine in, check the wireing once again. i hope running engine with no oil pump working didn't damage the engine too much..

·
Platinum
462 Posts
one more to say

Check and make sure your oil pan is not dented. SR20 oil pans are made by Aluimnum so they dent easily. If there's dent in the pan, oil pump doesn't suck the oil very well and end up blowing the engine up. It happened to couple people i know too...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Re: one more to say

CarbonBlack200 said:
Check and make sure your oil pan is not dented. SR20 oil pans are made by Aluimnum so they dent easily. If there's dent in the pan, oil pump doesn't suck the oil very well and end up blowing the engine up. It happened to couple people i know too...
Definately true, except the lower oil pan is stamped steel, and the upper is aluminum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts