Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Doodeee doodee doodee doo
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
having headers done at a shop (ya, i know... i'm a cheapa$$, not getting original hotshots...) and i was wondering, if anyone knows what tool (type, size) i can use to remove the O2 sensor from my stock headers... need to find a lug that'll serve as a mounting for it on the new headers, too. :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
i just changed mine and i belive itz one universal size jsut ask for a o2 sensor socket it has a split in the side for the wire to go threw i got mine for 10 bucks at strauss.hope this helps.latez

·
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol!

actually, i'm getting a local crush-bend... hopefully not on a permanent basis, as i DO plan to get an original hotshot or place system in the (far-flung) future. It's sort of an experiment for the shop.

problem is, i don't live on the continental U.S. of A, and the shops here don't have the right tools. I might have to buy a socket wrench and *gasp* cut it open to get the little $h*t off!

that's why i'm asking the bolt size, so i can buy a tool and (hopefully) mod it for the task.
:p

·
3 bar MAP
1,381 Posts
u could make a ghetto o2 sensor socket....just get the right size standard socket and cut some slots in it. like this one

u can also use a crows foot with a ratchet. it takes a little longer than the o2 socket, but its way faster than a wrench.

also, my socket is made by OEM part# 25001.
its a 7/8 inch. i bought it from autozone u might be able to order it from their website, www.autozone.com

·
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the info! :)

i might have to hold off on the headers thing, as my pulley is giving me pains (damn vibrations won't stop...) and i might have to go in for an aftermarket part next week (while i'm having the car re-painted and bent back into its original shape).

it looks easy to me now, all i'd have to find would be a 1" or 1/2" long socket and have them cut it open... damn shame, though, i'd be wasting a 10-15$ attachment, but it might be worth it. :rolleyes:

thanks y'all! :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts