Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP! I had my 350Z for 3 days and went to gas station to gas up only to find that the pump shut off immediately. My husband tried at 3 different stations to put gas in but was unable. The dealership really doesn't know what the problem is yet -- that was 1 week ago! Also, is it normal to have a BRAND NEW car and not get a loaner when there's a problem like this???

I'm VERY frustrated.

And what if they put regular octane fuel in the 350Z when they initially filled the tank? Will this cause any problems with the engine or anything down the road??? I'm thinking I just want to take the whole deal back and get my 2002 Maxima returned to me and the extra cash I paid for the 350Z -- but I love it!

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks -- I'll try all of these, although I did try different angles -- except for totally upside down and not inserting the pump all the way. The car is at the dealership now -- it will be interesting to see what they have to say!

My other question is can damage to the motor or anything else happen if the dealership put low octane gas in when they filled it up for the first time???

Thanks!

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Think about this -- you spent 4 hours at the dealership getting the best deal, signing the paperwork for a trade-in plus cash deal and then have the sales manager demand your trade-in automobile that day after your salesman has agreed to get it the next day after cleaned out, etc. (keep in mind this was the 3rd new vehicle purchased at this same dealership). I was very FRUSTRATED by that point! Then 3 days later you can't pump gas into the car -- between my husband and myself we probably pumped 1 gallon of gas into the car (also knowing that the dealership put regular gas in the vehicle) -- that's never happened to me before. You then spend about 1 hour on hold with Nissan after the dealership had no idea what the problem was and was told by Nissan that the sales manager would call -- which he didn't and then you call Nissan back and they're CLOSED. The next day my hubby tried to put gas into the tank at THREE different stations -- no luck! He took the car back to the dealership and was told they would need it for at least 4 days -- oh, by the way, sorry they cannot give loaner cars out ------- YES I wanted my 2002 Maxima back.

After ranting above -- the good news. They put a new fuel tank and OVRV valves (whatever that is) in the new 2004 350Z. My husband put gas into it the other day with no problem -- I'm just waiting till the day I try to put gas into it!

Thanks for everyone's help with this matter!

QUOTE=FSU_Z33]I've had my '03 Track since June '03. I have only had it happen at one gas station at a particular pump 3 times (I've learned my lesson!). I think it has to do with the rate of flow...? I found it was better when I rotated the nozzle about 45 degrees clockwise. It was a pain those few times...but was it really so bad you'd consider trading back for your old car?!?!?! :confused:[/QUOTE]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.