Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
always try to stay with what oem specs are and what they reccomend. the rating on fuels is nothing other than a ping rating. absolutely nothing will ever happen if you use 87 it may not burn as clean as 91 obviously. but as far as power gains lol please... thats like saying puting in 110 octane in a car with a compresson ratio of 9:1 is gonna make it faster LOL .

as far as your specific problem goes it could be many things and to many for me or anyone else on this forum to speculate on. it sucks any way u slice it especially for a new car.

gl

Irei

· Registered
15 Posts
lol james its obvious you dont know crap about engines. yeah ok i guess your right you will loose 1 hp if you choose 87 over 91 sorry i stand corrected.

race fuel is for race engines (yes people in the business call these engines not motors)with high compression. hince the need for higher octane fuels..... as far as posting false information. james im not the one who picks eveyrones postings apart on this forum. sorry i live in the real world if that offends you sorry get a life. no need in feeding ppl full of bull crap

oh and for someone who is so quick to point out faults maybe you should read up about some of the things "you claim to know about" id really like to know what your background is with the Z car or any car for that matter

Irei

· Registered
15 Posts
lol ok james here we go. read the posts i write(and i mean the whole thing not just parts you like to pick out)

ok perhaps if you dynod your car with 87 octane im sure you would see that 91 will surely put up better numbers. (not by a whole lot though)

now as far as your timing retarding, yes to some degree you will have some retarding but not to the extreme like your thinking and this is why.

lets assume for the sake of argument that our new 350z has a compression ratio of 9:1 putting in what the oem recommends which im sure is 91 is always the best solution. however its not a requirement.

o2 sensors senses the fuel mixture and tells the ecu to change the fuel mixure if need be. (via exhaust)

knock sensor senses the vibration in the antifreez in your block, which then controls the timing to stop a knock if one should come about before something bad should happen

it would take a really low octane fuel to cause an engine to knock and retard its timing. this is a brand new engine keep in mind. so its effeciency is gonna be way high unless there are other problems that we dont know about. (an old tired 10 year old engine would probably prover otherwise)

i will agree if a knock does occur there will be substantial power lose of course.

Higher Octane fuels in low compresson engines will not produce more power PERIOD!

im looking at all data as we speak and will post some more precise data as time permits.

Irei

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.