Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK...I'm an obvious newb here but i was wondering if anyone can tell me what i can i do to a KA24E engine on my 240sx that would be maybe not equally as powerfull as a sr20DET but have something like it. I just want to know some mods i can do to give it a little more power. Im not a big racer or i would just do the swap, i just want my little engine to have a little more bang.
Thanks for reading

·
Banned
1,899 Posts
Turbo is about it. If you pieced it together yourself, you could make a kit for $1200 plus the cost of an engine rebuild.

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
kaptainkrollio said:
Turbo is about it. If you pieced it together yourself, you could make a kit for $1200 plus the cost of an engine rebuild.
I've never been able to find manifolds for it. I think you basically have to Inconel your own. Jordan Gladman apparently died, judging from his complete lack of response to my many attempts to do business. I would rather have built up my KA24E, but the DE turned out to be the only option. I might return to KA24ET when I can weld-el my own manifold.

·
Banned
1,899 Posts
JGS Customs(I think?) makes SOHC manifolds for cheap, as well as Gladman Performance. Check out www.ka-t.org. A lot of good stuff there.

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
kaptainkrollio said:
JGS Customs(I think?) makes SOHC manifolds for cheap, as well as Gladman Performance. Check out www.ka-t.org. A lot of good stuff there.
You mean JGY Customs? No, I've scoured the internet backwards and forwards and couldn't find one. The best I got were 3 or 4 shops who would make one for me, but they needed the engine brought in to match the exhaust ports.

·
Banned
1,899 Posts

·
Viva el iPod
1,232 Posts
The SR swap is not the holy grail of 240SX performance (its mAAd tYte JDM y0, though). Power can be made from the KA24E, it involves a snail-looking device though.

Personally, I've been seeing more and more go-fast parts for the 240 (and the KA) since drifting has surged in popularity.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts