Nissan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
i own an s14 so i'm not entirely familiar with the s13's, but im thinking you were mislead also. I wouldnt go so far as to say you were ripped off (unless you paid too much) because after all, you have a 240 now! But yeah, there's a guy who lives in a nearby city to me who owns an s13 that ive talked to a couple of times. He has the SE badge on the back of his car, but he also has no power windows/locks. So im thinking that either a.)the SE's didnt have pl/pw on the s13 chasis (which is bizarre) or b.)the guy i know, possibly like the person u bought the car from, thought it may somehow increase the value of the car by putting the SE badge on it, even though it was a base model.

The overdrive light being there probably means that it was converted from auto to stick. Again, im not sure, but there may be some way to analyze the VIN number on your car to determine whether or not it was an SE, auto, etc. Someone else on this forum may be able to help you there, or you could talk to a nissan dealer about how to break down the VIN numbers. Like i said, its only a theory, so i may be wrong.

Either way, congrats on ur purchase!

· Registered
46 Posts
most shops that i know of charge around 1000-1500 dollars american (800-1200 canadian) for the labor, and the motors, depending on whether or not you get a front clip, can range anywhere from $2000-4500 (1600-3500 canadian) so you'd probably be looking at around 2-3k canadian...sorry i dont have any info for swap shops in canada, but im almost positive that there are a couple...have you tried google searching it? If that doesnt help, go to nissanperformancemag.com and email someone there and ask - they've helped me quite a bit in finding sr swap shops! Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.