Nissan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
I think you got ripped off. Sounds to me like you were sold an auto that was converted to 5 spd, which would explain the overdrive light and lack of a/c, and if so it wouldn't surprise me if the owner also lied about it being an SE when it is probably a base model (hence no power locks/windows). If you really want to be sure run a background check using vin either at DOT or carfax. As for a/c it was probably cut when the engine was swapped and you can check by looking for the compressor or the hose near the firewall (where it is usually chopped when an engine is removed). Hope this helps. Sorry if you did get cheated.

· Registered
16 Posts
a '91 axle? Wow it is starting to sound more and more like your car was gutted and put back together. At this point I'd start worrying about why it had to be taken apart. Check the frame to make sure it wasn't in any serious accidents because sometimes people do their own hack jobs to avoid the 'salvage' title. You can also check to see if the engine was swapped by matching the vin on the dash to the vin on the engine (that is if the owner didn't scratch it off). And if the a/c is hooked up, the guy probably just didn't charge it after he swapped the engine. But I give you props for taking it with a grin, cuz I know I'd be pissed if I found out my car wasn't what I thought I bought.

· Registered
16 Posts
RMS13 said:
i owuld want to track down the guy who abused my car and give hima swift kick in the nuts, ive treated all my cars good, better than i would treat myself, some people are mean, haha
Haha If my car had the same record as yours I would want to track down the guy too! Two accidents within a couple of months! Jeez...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.