Nissan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 08 pathfinder 4.0 it was running good went to work shut it off, came back out and nothing.well not exactly. It cranks but no start. No check eng light on at all. The eng cooling fan stays on when I tried to scan it, has no comm. Codes al over the place. The self vehicle test seems to run thru everything ok. As far as I know. This thing is driving me nuts. First Nissan I've ever worked on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have a 08 pathfinder 4.0 it was running good went to work shut it off, came back out and nothing.well not exactly. It cranks but no start. No check eng light on at all. The eng cooling fan stays on when I tried to scan it, has no comm. Codes al over the place. The self vehicle test seems to run thru everything ok. As far as I know. This thing is driving me nuts. First Nissan I've ever worked on.
Oh one more thing the vds and skid lights were on before this issue.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
The fan staying on generally means the ECM is dead, the IPDM turns the fans on as a safety measure any time the engine is MIA on the CANbus. Check your ECM fuse and ECM relay, they're both in the IPDM. The ECM fuse is #53, 20A:

Product Font Rectangle Schematic Parallel

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Do you get codes from the ECM, or just a lot of "U" codes from other systems? If the ECM is present, is the IPDM there also? ABS? TCM? Those fans are generally a clue that somebody important is MIA on the CANbus.

·
Admin and Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,823 Posts
Instead of just throwing parts in to fix a problem, you're just working in the blind; wasting time and money. Download a copy of the FSM for your vehicle from: 2008 Nissan Pathfinder PDF Owner's Manuals

You can select the section you need. I would first consider section EC.PDF as it contains diagnostic procedures and wiring diagrams. This will help you to check voltages and continuity at various points. You'll need a multimeter for any diagnostic trouble shooting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts