Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have an R33 GTS25T auto at the moment. Have just saved up enough to convert it to manual... can anyone please offer me advice as to which gearbox to get?
I have done a bit of research and found that the RB25DE gearboxes are fine in the RB25DET's aslong as I dont exceed 400hp it will be fine... and the only difference between the gearboxes is that the turbo boxes have twin syncros and the non-tubs have single.
Can anybody help me?

Cheers :)

·
Registered
630 Posts
get the rb25det transmision, it doesnt take much to get over 400hp out of the rb25...

also i imagine that there are more aftermarket support for the det tranny over the de tranny... which is somethni you might wnat to consider

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh cheers :) The biggest downer to that is that the 25det box is about 2g more than the de, A price worth paying to have my car done properly though I guess.
You don't happen to know the difference between them though do you? Nobody can tell me. I used to work for nissan and even their mechanics can't tell me. Makes you wonder if there is really any difference at all..
I have an automatic transmission in there at the moment... just converting it to manual (or stick shift... not sure what you call them?)

Cheers man :)

·
Registered
630 Posts
im not sure what exactly makes the difference... however

i do know that the DET version has been used with the RB26 in order for it to be a RWD only set-up, that could have something to do with it...

as for price im not entirely sure, but you could try adam @ feast auto Feast Auto Group - Main Page they are awesome to deal with, parts come qucik and EXACTLY as you want them, and described... they usually only deal with Canada, but they prolly wont turn you away... also check out some of the business in AUS as there is a very good skyline community down under... Skylines Australia might be the forum to ask for more help since they'd be closest, there might even be someone nearby on NZ that can help

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome thanks heaps :)
I dont mean to post a thread that has probably been posted a hundred times, its just hard doing the search on it. I must be using the wrong wording.
Have asked in skylinesdownunder also (nz site) but nobody seems to know :S
Owell See how i go :)

Thanks again

·
Registered
630 Posts
im surprised no one on down under knows the answer, especially when one of the top RB engine builders in the world lives in Aus...

if they dont have the answer for ya, you could try the canadian forums which i am a member of, it might be in our search archives but im not sure, anywyas feel free to check it out GTRCanada.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts