Nissan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my Nissan driving brothers and sisters,

I am have a problem with the power window switch on a 1999 sentra. The driver's window will go down, but will not go back up. I replaced the whole cluster and have the same problem. I traced the wires back to the wiring harness block and found the blue wire carries voltage for the "down" function, and a gree wire is supposed to show 12 volts in the "up" position, but it does not.

Could I have gotten a new switch with the same problem as the one I replaced...or is there something possibly wrong with the wiring that is causing the new switch to fry as soon as I install it?

Anyone have this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Dave

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
The b14 drivers window switch is very prone to breaking. So yes you probably got another defective part. Try to return the part to the yard, and get one at the $tealership. They run around $90.

·
Registered
203 Posts
It sounds more like a power window relay problem to me. If the wire going to the switch is not broke and shows no power coming to the switch when holding it in the up position, I would have to say the relay is a good culprit to consider. Worth a shot anyhow. Before spending 90 bucks on a switch I would go to the "junk yard" and try getting a cheap relay first. Good luck.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I had the same problem and I went and got one from the junk yard too, and I got TWO deffective ones. they checked to see if they were the switches or if it was the motor and it was the switches. So yeah it can be the switches.

Try and see if u can raise the window using two wires and a battery, if it goes up then its the switches. All u have to do is touch the connectors that connect to the switches and it will either make it go up or go down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts