Nissan Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
Sorry Greg, I didn't mean to come off that way. I just said that because the SR20DEforum is a little more anal about people doing searches for things before they ask questions, in fact, newbies can't even post a new thread until their account has been open for several weeks. I just was trying to save you some ridicule. I also know you'll learn more accurate information quicker if you read everything you can at those websites I listed as well as doing searches at this forum as well as SR20DEforum for things you have questions about. I'm trying to help you help yourself the best I know how. :)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
its ok TOOL i understand i was just wondering why it was that way in here but its cool. No hard feelings towards you man:)

anyways i have been reading and i am still undecided on which motor to get.

lata
Greg

·
Registered
115 Posts
ScarCrow28 said:
wow, those VE motors sound perfect for the numbers i want to get. why havn't there been more talk about them over the DET? to me NAs get more respect, no extra steriod gadgets for me.

were can i find more information on the SR16VE and SR20VE?

damen_78
i know what you mean, a short time ago i felt the same way. but i didn't let it get to me, i asked anyway. and i was a complete novice, not just to nissans, but engines in general.

The best place I know of to find more information about the VE engines is www.sr20deforum.com. There is a seperate VE motor forum with several people doing buildups.

If anyone else knows of any great sites... please post em.

·
Registered
115 Posts
damen_78 said:
its ok TOOL i understand i was just wondering why it was that way in here but its cool. No hard feelings towards you man:)

anyways i have been reading and i am still undecided on which motor to get.

lata
Greg

Well maybe I can help... owning an Si myself. What do you like/dislike about the Si and why did you get rid of it? What type of driving experience are you looking for with your SR20 powered future?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Yosho said:

Well maybe I can help... owning an Si myself. What do you like/dislike about the Si and why did you get rid of it? What type of driving experience are you looking for with your SR20 powered future?

Well i love the feeling and sound of VTech plus just the aftermarket for civics is just unreal but i hate the fact that everyone has a damn civic around here. plus it got too crazy owning one here in tucson. my civic was stolen about 7 months ago and was taken out to the desert and stripped i mean they took everything for my system to my engine they left it sitting on its rotors and my Apex-I N-1 exhaust. i was furious so the i took it to the dealer and got everything back to exactly the way it was new motor with all my little extras i had in it, new rims and new system oh and new gauge cluster and dash. then i had it back for 1 week and my rims were stolen again so i got new rims again and then sold the whole car. belive me i loved my civic and always will. never know i might get another 2000 si again sometime.

but i want my nissan to look nice sound nice and put out some hp and eat up the civics and neons out here at the track.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Believe it or not...they sell the SR20DET Engine here in Puerto Rico for $1800, and that is WITH the Tranny. Only thing is that it's RWD.

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
Is that a brand new engine for that much? When you say it's RWD do you mean it's the RWD SR20DET and tranny (like out of a 240), or is it the same SR20DET as the BB or Avenir with a tranny that's RWD? I guess if the tranny is RWD then that's the different SR20DET that won't fit in a FWD configuration. Can somone clarify?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts