Nissan Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so heres the deal, i know nothing about this stuff but im trying to figure out what the problem is. I have a 97 altima gxe a/t with 161k miles on it. just did an tune up and oil change and the tranny fluid is normal color. once in a while i have to giggle my gear changer when it is in park to get the car to start, not very often but ive had to do it more often lately but all together only like 3 or 4 times ever. yesterday i didn't have to giggle it to get it to start but all day it was acting weird, like only in drive it would shake and feel like it didn't want to go as easily when i pushed the gas. that makes me think it might be not all the way in gear or something. I haven't had any problems before yesterday with the way the car was running. if the gear is not all the way in gear could it be causing this problem? i want to go get it fixed but don't know if i should drive it at all and i don't have the money or know anyone to do it that i trust. can it damage my tranny to drive it like this, how long do i have? i deliver pizza so i need to figure out something fast. i am thinking something is wrong with either the neutral safety switch, shifter cable, the shifter bushings, something is out of alignment, cv joint, or universal joint. when i went to park my car yesterday it also felt like it was accelerating a little on and off when i wasnt pushing the gas but it was in drive. could this mean that its in between drive and neutral or something? will it damage my tranny to drive like this? when it is not in drive it does not shake at all.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts