Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
One and only (sr20)
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so here is the deal.... I have a 95 nissan sentra Ga16de obd1 engine.. I need to put it in a 94 Nissan sentra becauseI bought the car for $300 with a blow engine.. I thought that since the 95 and the 94 sentra were both OBD1 it would work.. But the heads seem completly different. I thought at first I could get away with swapping just the 94 intake manifold on to the 95 engine.. It would bolt up but the gaskets were completly different and it would eak... Any suggestions....

·
265k miles and counting..
2,656 Posts
sentragtr20 said:
Ok so here is the deal.... I have a 95 nissan sentra Ga16de obd1 engine.. I need to put it in a 94 Nissan sentra becauseI bought the car for $300 with a blow engine.. I thought that since the 95 and the 94 sentra were both OBD1 it would work.. But the heads seem completly different. I thought at first I could get away with swapping just the 94 intake manifold on to the 95 engine.. It would bolt up but the gaskets were completly different and it would eak... Any suggestions....
Well, ALL B14's are OBDII ( Nissan switched a year early to avoid having to revise it a year later) and I believe they did revise the head and cams when they went to the B14. Have you tried to bolt the manifold up? Cross check the intake gasket and intake gasket and see if they both usde the same part.If they do, there is a good chance they interchange.

·
One and only (sr20)
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried to match the gasket. On the 95 the tunnel is in the center, on the 94 the tunnel is offset... My 95 is an OBD1 at first I thought it was an OBD2 but tried to hook up a scanner to it and it would not fit...

·
265k miles and counting..
2,656 Posts
sentragtr20 said:
I tried to match the gasket. On the 95 the tunnel is in the center, on the 94 the tunnel is offset... My 95 is an OBD1 at first I thought it was an OBD2 but tried to hook up a scanner to it and it would not fit...
That's kinda odd....my 95 is OBDII.Do the throttle bodies interchange? If so, you may be able to use the B13 TB with the B14 intake, then just use the B14 exhaust manifold and mate it to the B13 downpipe or fabricate one to fit. Sorry, I haven't tried this myself, just trying to come up with ideas.

**** OH, AND SOMEONE SHOULD MOVE THIS TO THE GA FORUM!!!****

1 - 6 of 6 Posts